Jan 25, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
After a gut-wrenching loss that kept his team winless on the year, LA Kings head coach Darryl Sutter took issues with some of the calls made by officials during Edmonton’s 2-1 OT win at Rexall on Thursday night.
(FF to around 1:38)
Catch the muted f-bomb at the start there?
As for the second part of his bit, Sutter was referring to Oilers fans littering the ice (hence the “Canadians” line — Molson Canadian beer) when referees Tom Kowal and Greg Kimmerly wiped out Ryan Nugent-Hopkins‘ apparent game-tying goal with 65 seconds left.
(It’s unclear if/when the fans littered the ice again — as Sutter’s alluding to here — though one would assume it happened after Nail Yakupov‘s goal with under five seconds left.)
Here’s Dan Tencer of Edmonton’s CHED 630 radio on what the future might have in store for the LA coach:
My visitors dressing room guy just came back from Sutter scrum and told me “you’re gonna wanna run that…he’s gonna get fined”
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) January 25, 2013
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 22
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 7
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 34
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11