Jan 25, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
After a gut-wrenching loss that kept his team winless on the year, LA Kings head coach Darryl Sutter took issues with some of the calls made by officials during Edmonton’s 2-1 OT win at Rexall on Thursday night.
(FF to around 1:38)
Catch the muted f-bomb at the start there?
As for the second part of his bit, Sutter was referring to Oilers fans littering the ice (hence the “Canadians” line — Molson Canadian beer) when referees Tom Kowal and Greg Kimmerly wiped out Ryan Nugent-Hopkins‘ apparent game-tying goal with 65 seconds left.
(It’s unclear if/when the fans littered the ice again — as Sutter’s alluding to here — though one would assume it happened after Nail Yakupov‘s goal with under five seconds left.)
Here’s Dan Tencer of Edmonton’s CHED 630 radio on what the future might have in store for the LA coach:
My visitors dressing room guy just came back from Sutter scrum and told me “you’re gonna wanna run that…he’s gonna get fined”
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) January 25, 2013
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 11
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 10
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 25
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 55
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 2
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 60
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 52
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 58
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (60)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)