Jan 25, 2013, 10:54 AM EST
After a gut-wrenching loss that kept his team winless on the year, LA Kings head coach Darryl Sutter took issues with some of the calls made by officials during Edmonton’s 2-1 OT win at Rexall on Thursday night.
(FF to around 1:38)
Catch the muted f-bomb at the start there?
As for the second part of his bit, Sutter was referring to Oilers fans littering the ice (hence the “Canadians” line — Molson Canadian beer) when referees Tom Kowal and Greg Kimmerly wiped out Ryan Nugent-Hopkins‘ apparent game-tying goal with 65 seconds left.
(It’s unclear if/when the fans littered the ice again — as Sutter’s alluding to here — though one would assume it happened after Nail Yakupov‘s goal with under five seconds left.)
Here’s Dan Tencer of Edmonton’s CHED 630 radio on what the future might have in store for the LA coach:
My visitors dressing room guy just came back from Sutter scrum and told me “you’re gonna wanna run that…he’s gonna get fined”
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) January 25, 2013
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 13
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54