Jan 25, 2013, 10:54 AM EDT
After a gut-wrenching loss that kept his team winless on the year, LA Kings head coach Darryl Sutter took issues with some of the calls made by officials during Edmonton’s 2-1 OT win at Rexall on Thursday night.
(FF to around 1:38)
Catch the muted f-bomb at the start there?
As for the second part of his bit, Sutter was referring to Oilers fans littering the ice (hence the “Canadians” line — Molson Canadian beer) when referees Tom Kowal and Greg Kimmerly wiped out Ryan Nugent-Hopkins‘ apparent game-tying goal with 65 seconds left.
(It’s unclear if/when the fans littered the ice again — as Sutter’s alluding to here — though one would assume it happened after Nail Yakupov‘s goal with under five seconds left.)
Here’s Dan Tencer of Edmonton’s CHED 630 radio on what the future might have in store for the LA coach:
My visitors dressing room guy just came back from Sutter scrum and told me “you’re gonna wanna run that…he’s gonna get fined”
— Dan Tencer (@dantencer) January 25, 2013
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 25
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)