Jan 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Per CSNPhilly.com, Meszaros suffered the injury in the second period of last night’s 2-1 win over the Rangers.
The loss of Meszaros is a considerable one for the Flyers. The 27-year-0ld is a key member of Philadelphia’s defensive corps, playing around 20 minutes a night in a two-way role.
Holmgren says the Flyers will call up defenseman Andreas Lilja from AHL Adirondack to fill the vacancy on the blue line. Philadelphia’s next game is Saturday in Florida.
The Meszaros injury news comes just one day after Holmgren announced forward Scott Hartnell would miss 4-8 weeks with a broken foot.
- All eyes on Lundqvist 0
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 8
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 25
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 46
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- It goes to eleven: Lightning edge Rangers in track meet 34
- Brodeur signs three-year deal to be Blues’ assistant GM 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (90)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)