Jan 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
Per CSNPhilly.com, Meszaros suffered the injury in the second period of last night’s 2-1 win over the Rangers.
The loss of Meszaros is a considerable one for the Flyers. The 27-year-0ld is a key member of Philadelphia’s defensive corps, playing around 20 minutes a night in a two-way role.
Holmgren says the Flyers will call up defenseman Andreas Lilja from AHL Adirondack to fill the vacancy on the blue line. Philadelphia’s next game is Saturday in Florida.
The Meszaros injury news comes just one day after Holmgren announced forward Scott Hartnell would miss 4-8 weeks with a broken foot.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)