Jan 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Per CSNPhilly.com, Meszaros suffered the injury in the second period of last night’s 2-1 win over the Rangers.
The loss of Meszaros is a considerable one for the Flyers. The 27-year-0ld is a key member of Philadelphia’s defensive corps, playing around 20 minutes a night in a two-way role.
Holmgren says the Flyers will call up defenseman Andreas Lilja from AHL Adirondack to fill the vacancy on the blue line. Philadelphia’s next game is Saturday in Florida.
The Meszaros injury news comes just one day after Holmgren announced forward Scott Hartnell would miss 4-8 weeks with a broken foot.
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 0
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 8
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 17
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 22
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 33
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)