Jan 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EDT
Per CSNPhilly.com, Meszaros suffered the injury in the second period of last night’s 2-1 win over the Rangers.
The loss of Meszaros is a considerable one for the Flyers. The 27-year-0ld is a key member of Philadelphia’s defensive corps, playing around 20 minutes a night in a two-way role.
Holmgren says the Flyers will call up defenseman Andreas Lilja from AHL Adirondack to fill the vacancy on the blue line. Philadelphia’s next game is Saturday in Florida.
The Meszaros injury news comes just one day after Holmgren announced forward Scott Hartnell would miss 4-8 weeks with a broken foot.
- No hearing scheduled for Richards after Couture spear 0
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 13
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 22
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 31
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 41
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 68
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 91
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 27
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (152)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (110)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)