Jan 25, 2013, 2:34 PM EST
Per CSNPhilly.com, Meszaros suffered the injury in the second period of last night’s 2-1 win over the Rangers.
The loss of Meszaros is a considerable one for the Flyers. The 27-year-0ld is a key member of Philadelphia’s defensive corps, playing around 20 minutes a night in a two-way role.
Holmgren says the Flyers will call up defenseman Andreas Lilja from AHL Adirondack to fill the vacancy on the blue line. Philadelphia’s next game is Saturday in Florida.
The Meszaros injury news comes just one day after Holmgren announced forward Scott Hartnell would miss 4-8 weeks with a broken foot.
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 4
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 4
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 20
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 9
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 77
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)