Jan 24, 2013, 11:22 AM EDT
One of the most highly-touted prospects in the Wild organization is on his way to Minnesota.
On Thursday, the Wild announced they’ve recalled defenseman Jonas Brodin from AHL Houston, meaning the Swedish defenseman could make his NHL debut on Friday against Detroit.
Brodin, 19, was taken 10th overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft and spent the last three years playing with Farjestads of the Swedish Elite League.
He was a standout for Team Sweden’s gold medal-winning side at the 2012 World Juniors and had four points in eight games with the Aeros this year, but missed significant time after suffering a broken collarbone on a Taylor Hall hit (while Hall was playing for Oklahoma City.)
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Brodin’s availability for Friday’s game will depend partly on the health of defenseman Jared Spurgeon (foot).
The Wild also need to decide what to do with 2012 first-rounder Matt Dumba, who made the team out of training camp but has yet to appear in a game.
It’s possible they’ll re-assign him to WHL Red Deer, though he could still make the two-game road trip to Detroit and St. Louis as an emergency/injury replacement.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 9
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 16
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 55
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 86
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- Golden Super Bowl to Bay Area; LI to Houston
- PBT: Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- CSN: Tiger admits he and Sergio don't get along
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control