Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 PM EDT
It looked like a typical Philadelphia Flyers game – there were fights, there was animosity and the Flyers came away victorious.
The Flyers defeated the visiting New York Rangers 2-1 Thursday night, but fans also witnessed a spirited back-and-forth exchange of fisticuffs between Philadelphia’s Tye McGinn and New York’s Kris Newbury in the second period.
For the 22-year-old McGinn, Thursday’s game marked just the second of his NHL career.
Taylor Pyatt scored the lone goal of the night for the Rangers, who are 1-3 to the begin the season.
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50