Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 PM EST
It looked like a typical Philadelphia Flyers game – there were fights, there was animosity and the Flyers came away victorious.
The Flyers defeated the visiting New York Rangers 2-1 Thursday night, but fans also witnessed a spirited back-and-forth exchange of fisticuffs between Philadelphia’s Tye McGinn and New York’s Kris Newbury in the second period.
For the 22-year-old McGinn, Thursday’s game marked just the second of his NHL career.
Taylor Pyatt scored the lone goal of the night for the Rangers, who are 1-3 to the begin the season.
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 62
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 133
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)