Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 PM EDT
It looked like a typical Philadelphia Flyers game – there were fights, there was animosity and the Flyers came away victorious.
The Flyers defeated the visiting New York Rangers 2-1 Thursday night, but fans also witnessed a spirited back-and-forth exchange of fisticuffs between Philadelphia’s Tye McGinn and New York’s Kris Newbury in the second period.
For the 22-year-old McGinn, Thursday’s game marked just the second of his NHL career.
Taylor Pyatt scored the lone goal of the night for the Rangers, who are 1-3 to the begin the season.
- Kopitar + adorable dog = best day with the Stanley Cup? 6
- With Dubinsky locked up, Jackets next task is re-signing Johansen 6
- Lightning sign Brenden Morrow for one year 31
- Jackets sign Dubinsky through 2020-21 39
- AHL’s new overtime rules include 3-on-3 play 27
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration 72
- Armstrong lays out what Blues offered KHL-bound Sobotka 15
- Blues re-sign Ott; Sobotka to KHL? 35
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal 62
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions 171
- Big money: Toews, Kane sign eight-year, $84 million extensions (171)
- Report: Avs, O’Reilly likely headed to arbitration (72)
- Boyle wanted Big Apple after playing in ‘nontraditional hockey markets’ of Florida, California (63)
- Devils ink Schneider to reported seven-year, $42 million deal (62)
- Report: Sidney Crosby will undergo wrist surgery (59)