Jan 24, 2013, 11:32 PM EDT
It looked like a typical Philadelphia Flyers game – there were fights, there was animosity and the Flyers came away victorious.
The Flyers defeated the visiting New York Rangers 2-1 Thursday night, but fans also witnessed a spirited back-and-forth exchange of fisticuffs between Philadelphia’s Tye McGinn and New York’s Kris Newbury in the second period.
For the 22-year-old McGinn, Thursday’s game marked just the second of his NHL career.
Taylor Pyatt scored the lone goal of the night for the Rangers, who are 1-3 to the begin the season.
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 0
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 18
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 28
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 26
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 13
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 50
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 16
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (51)