Jan 24, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
“I can’t tell you how much we wanted that win. We needed it,” Richards said.
Technically, the Rangers might not have actually needed to win, yet one can sense the desperation growing for struggling teams like New York’s 0-3 division rivals in Philadelphia.
A look at the standings does indicate how much more comfortable things are with that W. The Rangers are now ranked fourth in the Atlantic and 12th in the East, but at least they’re not one of the three remaining teams* without a single point.
If you want a summary of how they generated that much-needed victory, these highlights should do the trick:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* – That tormented trio includes the Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals and the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (65)