Jan 24, 2013, 12:02 AM EDT
“I can’t tell you how much we wanted that win. We needed it,” Richards said.
Technically, the Rangers might not have actually needed to win, yet one can sense the desperation growing for struggling teams like New York’s 0-3 division rivals in Philadelphia.
A look at the standings does indicate how much more comfortable things are with that W. The Rangers are now ranked fourth in the Atlantic and 12th in the East, but at least they’re not one of the three remaining teams* without a single point.
If you want a summary of how they generated that much-needed victory, these highlights should do the trick:
* – That tormented trio includes the Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals and the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 12
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 34
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 72
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 8
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 46
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- LIVE: Spurs-Heat, Game 6
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'