Jan 24, 2013, 12:02 AM EST
“I can’t tell you how much we wanted that win. We needed it,” Richards said.
Technically, the Rangers might not have actually needed to win, yet one can sense the desperation growing for struggling teams like New York’s 0-3 division rivals in Philadelphia.
A look at the standings does indicate how much more comfortable things are with that W. The Rangers are now ranked fourth in the Atlantic and 12th in the East, but at least they’re not one of the three remaining teams* without a single point.
If you want a summary of how they generated that much-needed victory, these highlights should do the trick:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* – That tormented trio includes the Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals and the Carolina Hurricanes.
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 17
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 11
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 18
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 22
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 11
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 39
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8