Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 PM EST
Any good vibes the Toronto Maple Leafs may have been building with their fans early this season received a quick curve ball.
The Leafs, 5-2 winners of Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins Wednesday night, jumped out to a 3-1 lead over the Islanders, but gave up two goals in the second period and four more in the third.
The Leafs had given up only five goals in their first three games of the season, but that same performance couldn’t carry over into a fourth game.
As for the Blue Jays chants, well, it isn’t the first time this has come up in Toronto.
For those Toronto fans curious, the Blue Jays open up the MLB regular season against the Cleveland Indians on April 2 at Rogers Centre.
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 6
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 12
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 10
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 14
- Nonis: I’m not firing Carlyle 14
- Steen agrees to extension with Blues — three years, $17.4 million 17
- Engelland suspended five games for ‘reckless’ Abdelkader headshot 35
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: So many bad contracts, coaches on the hot seat, the NHL in Vegas? and more! 23
- Caps’ Wilson to have hearing for Schenn hit 46
- Is the NHL getting closer to putting a team in Vegas? 34
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)