Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
Any good vibes the Toronto Maple Leafs may have been building with their fans early this season received a quick curve ball.
The Leafs, 5-2 winners of Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins Wednesday night, jumped out to a 3-1 lead over the Islanders, but gave up two goals in the second period and four more in the third.
The Leafs had given up only five goals in their first three games of the season, but that same performance couldn’t carry over into a fourth game.
As for the Blue Jays chants, well, it isn’t the first time this has come up in Toronto.
For those Toronto fans curious, the Blue Jays open up the MLB regular season against the Cleveland Indians on April 2 at Rogers Centre.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)