Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
Any good vibes the Toronto Maple Leafs may have been building with their fans early this season received a quick curve ball.
The Leafs, 5-2 winners of Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins Wednesday night, jumped out to a 3-1 lead over the Islanders, but gave up two goals in the second period and four more in the third.
The Leafs had given up only five goals in their first three games of the season, but that same performance couldn’t carry over into a fourth game.
As for the Blue Jays chants, well, it isn’t the first time this has come up in Toronto.
For those Toronto fans curious, the Blue Jays open up the MLB regular season against the Cleveland Indians on April 2 at Rogers Centre.
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 10
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 12
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)