Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 PM EST
Any good vibes the Toronto Maple Leafs may have been building with their fans early this season received a quick curve ball.
The Leafs, 5-2 winners of Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins Wednesday night, jumped out to a 3-1 lead over the Islanders, but gave up two goals in the second period and four more in the third.
The Leafs had given up only five goals in their first three games of the season, but that same performance couldn’t carry over into a fourth game.
As for the Blue Jays chants, well, it isn’t the first time this has come up in Toronto.
For those Toronto fans curious, the Blue Jays open up the MLB regular season against the Cleveland Indians on April 2 at Rogers Centre.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 4
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)