Jan 24, 2013, 10:38 PM EDT
Any good vibes the Toronto Maple Leafs may have been building with their fans early this season received a quick curve ball.
The Leafs, 5-2 winners of Sidney Crosby and the Pittsburgh Penguins Wednesday night, jumped out to a 3-1 lead over the Islanders, but gave up two goals in the second period and four more in the third.
The Leafs had given up only five goals in their first three games of the season, but that same performance couldn’t carry over into a fourth game.
As for the Blue Jays chants, well, it isn’t the first time this has come up in Toronto.
For those Toronto fans curious, the Blue Jays open up the MLB regular season against the Cleveland Indians on April 2 at Rogers Centre.
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 20
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 42
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 18
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 60
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 31
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 44
- On Matt Cooke and whether he’s a ‘repeat offender’ 58
- Marleau, O’Reilly and St. Louis named Lady Byng finalists 20
- Zuccarello: ‘I’m not a diver’ 50
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)