Jan 23, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
The New York Rangers got their first win of the season on thanks to one of the reasons people are excited about their chances: high-end scoring. Specifically, Marian Gaborik came up huge, as his overtime-winner represents the 14th hat trick of his career (and fifth with the Rangers):
Here’s video of all three goals in one convenient clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That game-winner represents the kind of hand-eye-coordination that earns a guy $7.5 million per season. Gaborik’s trio allowed New York to top the Boston Bruins 4-3 in OT in NBC Sports Network’s inaugural Rivalry Week Wednesday game.
Gaborik came into tonight without a tally, so he decided to make up for lost time.
The 30-year-old winger scored his first two goals about two minutes apart early in the first period, but the Bruins bounced back in the second period and eventually pushed the game into OT. It didn’t take Gabby long to end it, however, as that winner came just 27 seconds into extra time.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)