Jan 23, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
The New York Rangers got their first win of the season on thanks to one of the reasons people are excited about their chances: high-end scoring. Specifically, Marian Gaborik came up huge, as his overtime-winner represents the 14th hat trick of his career (and fifth with the Rangers):
Here’s video of all three goals in one convenient clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That game-winner represents the kind of hand-eye-coordination that earns a guy $7.5 million per season. Gaborik’s trio allowed New York to top the Boston Bruins 4-3 in OT in NBC Sports Network’s inaugural Rivalry Week Wednesday game.
Gaborik came into tonight without a tally, so he decided to make up for lost time.
The 30-year-old winger scored his first two goals about two minutes apart early in the first period, but the Bruins bounced back in the second period and eventually pushed the game into OT. It didn’t take Gabby long to end it, however, as that winner came just 27 seconds into extra time.
- Martin Jones gets another shutout, remains undefeated 20
- Video: Tom Wilson gets tossed for charging Brayden Schenn 56
- Video: Kyle Quincey ejected for boarding Ryan Getzlaf 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Third time’s the charm for Flyers vs Capitals? 8
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head 71
- Potter suspended two games for boarding Bonino 3
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension 107
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver 101
- Pittsburgh’s special teams have been pretty good; Florida’s not so much 3
- Flyers blow 4-1 lead, Caps win in shootout 25
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Bylsma: Neal needs to learn from Marchand hit (114)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (101)