Jan 23, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
The New York Rangers got their first win of the season on thanks to one of the reasons people are excited about their chances: high-end scoring. Specifically, Marian Gaborik came up huge, as his overtime-winner represents the 14th hat trick of his career (and fifth with the Rangers):
Here’s video of all three goals in one convenient clip:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
That game-winner represents the kind of hand-eye-coordination that earns a guy $7.5 million per season. Gaborik’s trio allowed New York to top the Boston Bruins 4-3 in OT in NBC Sports Network’s inaugural Rivalry Week Wednesday game.
Gaborik came into tonight without a tally, so he decided to make up for lost time.
The 30-year-old winger scored his first two goals about two minutes apart early in the first period, but the Bruins bounced back in the second period and eventually pushed the game into OT. It didn’t take Gabby long to end it, however, as that winner came just 27 seconds into extra time.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)