Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Tuesday was a good news, bad news kind of night for the Dallas Stars.
On the good news front, they beat the Red Wings 2-1 for their second win of the season.
On the bad news front, they were unable to fly out of Detroit because of an engine malfunction on the team plane.
Here’s more, from NHL.com:
According to a press release sent out Wednesday morning by Stars coordinator of communications Greg Ramirez, “The problem occurred shortly after de-icing, as a valve for one of the engines malfunctioned.
“As a precaution, the decision was made not to fly out and the team stayed at a hotel near Detroit.”
Ramirez stressed that everyone was safe and further details about the Stars’ return to Dallas would come later Wednesday via the team’s official Twitter account.
The Stars host the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.
Temperatures at the time of Dallas’ attempted departure were in the low 20s, according to reports.
At the time of writing, the Stars’ Twitter account had not yet been updated with news of a return time.
Update: According to Stars Inside Edge, the team is expected to leave Detroit at 2 p.m. Central Time.
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 0
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 69
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)