Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Tuesday was a good news, bad news kind of night for the Dallas Stars.
On the good news front, they beat the Red Wings 2-1 for their second win of the season.
On the bad news front, they were unable to fly out of Detroit because of an engine malfunction on the team plane.
Here’s more, from NHL.com:
According to a press release sent out Wednesday morning by Stars coordinator of communications Greg Ramirez, “The problem occurred shortly after de-icing, as a valve for one of the engines malfunctioned.
“As a precaution, the decision was made not to fly out and the team stayed at a hotel near Detroit.”
Ramirez stressed that everyone was safe and further details about the Stars’ return to Dallas would come later Wednesday via the team’s official Twitter account.
The Stars host the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.
Temperatures at the time of Dallas’ attempted departure were in the low 20s, according to reports.
At the time of writing, the Stars’ Twitter account had not yet been updated with news of a return time.
Update: According to Stars Inside Edge, the team is expected to leave Detroit at 2 p.m. Central Time.
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 1
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 6
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 81
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 78
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (81)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)