Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Tuesday was a good news, bad news kind of night for the Dallas Stars.
On the good news front, they beat the Red Wings 2-1 for their second win of the season.
On the bad news front, they were unable to fly out of Detroit because of an engine malfunction on the team plane.
Here’s more, from NHL.com:
According to a press release sent out Wednesday morning by Stars coordinator of communications Greg Ramirez, “The problem occurred shortly after de-icing, as a valve for one of the engines malfunctioned.
“As a precaution, the decision was made not to fly out and the team stayed at a hotel near Detroit.”
Ramirez stressed that everyone was safe and further details about the Stars’ return to Dallas would come later Wednesday via the team’s official Twitter account.
The Stars host the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.
Temperatures at the time of Dallas’ attempted departure were in the low 20s, according to reports.
At the time of writing, the Stars’ Twitter account had not yet been updated with news of a return time.
Update: According to Stars Inside Edge, the team is expected to leave Detroit at 2 p.m. Central Time.
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 5
- Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 33
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 10
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 67
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 37
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 8
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 33
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 104
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 136
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (136)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)