Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EDT
Tuesday was a good news, bad news kind of night for the Dallas Stars.
On the good news front, they beat the Red Wings 2-1 for their second win of the season.
On the bad news front, they were unable to fly out of Detroit because of an engine malfunction on the team plane.
Here’s more, from NHL.com:
According to a press release sent out Wednesday morning by Stars coordinator of communications Greg Ramirez, “The problem occurred shortly after de-icing, as a valve for one of the engines malfunctioned.
“As a precaution, the decision was made not to fly out and the team stayed at a hotel near Detroit.”
Ramirez stressed that everyone was safe and further details about the Stars’ return to Dallas would come later Wednesday via the team’s official Twitter account.
The Stars host the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.
Temperatures at the time of Dallas’ attempted departure were in the low 20s, according to reports.
At the time of writing, the Stars’ Twitter account had not yet been updated with news of a return time.
Update: According to Stars Inside Edge, the team is expected to leave Detroit at 2 p.m. Central Time.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)