Jan 23, 2013, 12:04 PM EST
Tuesday was a good news, bad news kind of night for the Dallas Stars.
On the good news front, they beat the Red Wings 2-1 for their second win of the season.
On the bad news front, they were unable to fly out of Detroit because of an engine malfunction on the team plane.
Here’s more, from NHL.com:
According to a press release sent out Wednesday morning by Stars coordinator of communications Greg Ramirez, “The problem occurred shortly after de-icing, as a valve for one of the engines malfunctioned.
“As a precaution, the decision was made not to fly out and the team stayed at a hotel near Detroit.”
Ramirez stressed that everyone was safe and further details about the Stars’ return to Dallas would come later Wednesday via the team’s official Twitter account.
The Stars host the Chicago Blackhawks on Thursday night.
Temperatures at the time of Dallas’ attempted departure were in the low 20s, according to reports.
At the time of writing, the Stars’ Twitter account had not yet been updated with news of a return time.
Update: According to Stars Inside Edge, the team is expected to leave Detroit at 2 p.m. Central Time.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)