Jan 23, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell‘s spirited play has been one of the few bright spots of the Philadelphia Flyers’ tough start, but word surfaced from CSNPhilly.com on Wednesday that he’ll be out indefinitely because of an injured left foot.
The injury occurred during the third period of Tuesday’s 3-0 loss to the New Jersey Devils as teammate Kimmo Timonen‘s point shot caught Hartnell in the foot. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren gave this update:
“Scott will be out indefinitely with a left foot injury,” Holmgren said in a statement. “We will know more on this within a day or two as we await results of tests.”
The already-struggling Flyers could really use the 30-year-old super-pest considering the circumstances.
While Danny Briere reportedly practiced today, it seems that he isn’t ready to go and might not be until Tuesday, Jan. 29. The 35-year-old scorer admitted that he feels helpless watching his team go shorthanded, yet he also provides this post’s slim silver lining:
“It’s tough to watch when you are feeling helpless and want to get back on the ice,” Briere said. “It’s disappointing and frustrating but I’m not too far away.”
The Flyers hope that Hartnell won’t be down for too long, either.
Apr 18, 2015, 5:15 PM EDT
Enter Jimmy Howard.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:23 PM EDT
He has his first two of these playoffs.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Pullar Stadium and War Memorial Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:13 PM EDT
Congrats to Decatur and St. Michael-Albertville.
Apr 18, 2015, 4:10 PM EDT
Both will look to give their respective teams a 2-1 series lead.
Apr 18, 2015, 3:07 PM EDT
He made 42 saves in Chicago’s Game 1 win.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:46 PM EDT
Puck drop for both games is at 3 p.m. ET.
Apr 18, 2015, 2:25 PM EDT
He won’t play Games 3 and 4.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:05 PM EDT
He could be suspended for Game 3.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:50 PM EDT
Neither will play Game 2 tonight.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
He received an instigator penalty late in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He’s been out since mid-March with an arm injury.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Tampa Bay looks to avoid a sixth straight postseason loss.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 14
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 11
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 49
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)