Jan 23, 2013, 6:40 PM EDT
Scott Hartnell‘s spirited play has been one of the few bright spots of the Philadelphia Flyers’ tough start, but word surfaced from CSNPhilly.com on Wednesday that he’ll be out indefinitely because of an injured left foot.
The injury occurred during the third period of Tuesday’s 3-0 loss to the New Jersey Devils as teammate Kimmo Timonen‘s point shot caught Hartnell in the foot. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren gave this update:
“Scott will be out indefinitely with a left foot injury,” Holmgren said in a statement. “We will know more on this within a day or two as we await results of tests.”
The already-struggling Flyers could really use the 30-year-old super-pest considering the circumstances.
While Danny Briere reportedly practiced today, it seems that he isn’t ready to go and might not be until Tuesday, Jan. 29. The 35-year-old scorer admitted that he feels helpless watching his team go shorthanded, yet he also provides this post’s slim silver lining:
“It’s tough to watch when you are feeling helpless and want to get back on the ice,” Briere said. “It’s disappointing and frustrating but I’m not too far away.”
The Flyers hope that Hartnell won’t be down for too long, either.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:45 PM EDT
He does know what the advanced stats say though.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:30 PM EDT
More depth for a Stanley Cup hopeful.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:25 PM EDT
Trade rumors around the Jets star never stop swirling.
Jul 21, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
Mike Johnston is going out of his way to know his players.
Jul 21, 2014, 6:04 PM EDT
But hasn’t been charged with a crime.
Jul 21, 2014, 5:25 PM EDT
Edmonton’s 2014 first-round pick wants to stick around right away.
Jul 21, 2014, 4:20 PM EDT
He becomes an unrestricted free agent if he isn’t signed by Aug. 15.
Jul 21, 2014, 3:18 PM EDT
(He’s the tall one in the middle.)
Jul 21, 2014, 2:21 PM EDT
“That’s an exciting guy to watch.”
Jul 21, 2014, 1:20 PM EDT
“There are many reasons, but I do not want to go into details,” she said in a statement.
Jul 21, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
The Rangers countered with a two-year deal at $2.05M per.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:24 AM EDT
Avoiding arbitration in the process.
Jul 21, 2014, 11:06 AM EDT
Yeah, this one’s going to arbitration.
Jul 21, 2014, 10:16 AM EDT
“We are looking forward to having Vladimir in a Blues uniform when he returns to the NHL,” said GM Doug Armstrong.
Jul 21, 2014, 9:00 AM EDT
Things apparently went sour with Patrick Roy.
Jul 21, 2014, 8:00 AM EDT
Monday’s assortment of links.
Jul 20, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Will he manage to make the team right away?
Jul 20, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
They know their outdoor games.
Jul 20, 2014, 9:00 PM EDT
His still-deadly shot doesn’t hurt, either.
Jul 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EDT
Jason Spezza sold his former Ottawa home for $1.7 million.
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 35
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 44
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 52
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)