Jan 23, 2013, 6:40 PM EST
Scott Hartnell‘s spirited play has been one of the few bright spots of the Philadelphia Flyers’ tough start, but word surfaced from CSNPhilly.com on Wednesday that he’ll be out indefinitely because of an injured left foot.
The injury occurred during the third period of Tuesday’s 3-0 loss to the New Jersey Devils as teammate Kimmo Timonen‘s point shot caught Hartnell in the foot. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren gave this update:
“Scott will be out indefinitely with a left foot injury,” Holmgren said in a statement. “We will know more on this within a day or two as we await results of tests.”
The already-struggling Flyers could really use the 30-year-old super-pest considering the circumstances.
While Danny Briere reportedly practiced today, it seems that he isn’t ready to go and might not be until Tuesday, Jan. 29. The 35-year-old scorer admitted that he feels helpless watching his team go shorthanded, yet he also provides this post’s slim silver lining:
“It’s tough to watch when you are feeling helpless and want to get back on the ice,” Briere said. “It’s disappointing and frustrating but I’m not too far away.”
The Flyers hope that Hartnell won’t be down for too long, either.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:37 PM EST
Making his debut on Chicago’s blue line tonight.
Nov 20, 2014, 9:10 PM EST
The two lead Philly to a Stanley Cup final appearance in 1997.
Nov 20, 2014, 8:07 PM EST
Surpasses his 2013-14 goal total.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:58 PM EST
Has his 11th of the season.
Nov 20, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Was playing in the AHL at the time of the trade.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Luke Schenn will take the pre-game skate.
Nov 20, 2014, 6:00 PM EST
Meanwhile, Adam Clendening will make his NHL debut tonight vs. Calgary.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:27 PM EST
The Canadiens are stockpiling blueliners, it seems.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:24 PM EST
Former teammates at Lake Superior State University, traded for each other.
Nov 20, 2014, 5:13 PM EST
“Mr. Voynov maintains his innocence and looks forward to clearing his name in court. We remain confident.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:53 PM EST
“I don’t even remember who we play the next game.”
Nov 20, 2014, 4:43 PM EST
Faces up to nine years in prison.
Nov 20, 2014, 4:02 PM EST
The information was out there, the league argues.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:55 PM EST
A look at two of the NHL’s most intriguing coaching situations.
Nov 20, 2014, 3:24 PM EST
Are the Leafs married to mediocrity?
Nov 20, 2014, 3:19 PM EST
No makeup date announced yet.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
News and notes from around the crease…
Nov 20, 2014, 2:14 PM EST
But the guy head coach Jon Cooper really wants back is Victor Hedman.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:07 PM EST
Prized free agent signing has just one goal in 17 games.
Nov 20, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
Nine of 10 against teams that made the playoffs last season.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 1
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 27
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 30
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 55
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (55)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)