Jan 23, 2013, 4:13 PM EST
The Sharks continued to add depth up front on Wednesday, agreeing to a one-year deal with Tim Kennedy, the leading scorer for their AHL affiliate in Worcester.
Terms of the deal were not announced, though the club did report it’s a one-year deal. Earlier in the day, San Jose announced they’d also reached an agreement with former Montreal forward Scott Gomez on a one-year, $700,000 deal.
Kennedy, 26, has appeared in 112 NHL contests since being drafted by Washington in the sixth round of the 2005 Entry Draft.
His best season came in Buffalo during the 2009-10 campaign, when he posted career-highs in games (78), goals (10), assists (16) and points (26). He also scored three points in six playoff games.
Kennedy spent last season in Florida, appearing in 27 games while registering 1G-1A-2PTS.
This season, he’s been one of the most dynamic scorers in the AHL, leading Worcester with 30 points in 31 games while being named to the Eastern Conference All-Star team.
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)