Jan 23, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
On Wednesday, Edmonton Oilers head coach Ralph Kruger announced that forward Ben Eager has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Eager, 29, suffered the injury during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver.
Eager didn’t return to the contest following his tilt with Kassian and was held out of the Oilers’ 6-3 loss to San Jose on Tuesday night.
For exactly how Kassian caused the concussion, we direct your attention to this video:
And this photo, courtesy The Score:
It should be noted that Eager does have a history with concussions.
He missed three games with one at the start of the 2011-12 campaign and missed a number of games with a concussion (and concussion symptoms) during his time in Chicago.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 61
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 40
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63