Jan 23, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
On Wednesday, Edmonton Oilers head coach Ralph Kruger announced that forward Ben Eager has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Eager, 29, suffered the injury during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver.
Eager didn’t return to the contest following his tilt with Kassian and was held out of the Oilers’ 6-3 loss to San Jose on Tuesday night.
For exactly how Kassian caused the concussion, we direct your attention to this video:
And this photo, courtesy The Score:
It should be noted that Eager does have a history with concussions.
He missed three games with one at the start of the 2011-12 campaign and missed a number of games with a concussion (and concussion symptoms) during his time in Chicago.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5