Jan 23, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
On Wednesday, Edmonton Oilers head coach Ralph Kruger announced that forward Ben Eager has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Eager, 29, suffered the injury during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver.
Eager didn’t return to the contest following his tilt with Kassian and was held out of the Oilers’ 6-3 loss to San Jose on Tuesday night.
For exactly how Kassian caused the concussion, we direct your attention to this video:
And this photo, courtesy The Score:
It should be noted that Eager does have a history with concussions.
He missed three games with one at the start of the 2011-12 campaign and missed a number of games with a concussion (and concussion symptoms) during his time in Chicago.
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 3
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)