Jan 23, 2013, 4:41 PM EDT
On Wednesday, Edmonton Oilers head coach Ralph Kruger announced that forward Ben Eager has been diagnosed with a concussion.
Eager, 29, suffered the injury during a third period fight with Zack Kassian in Edmonton’s season-opening victory over Vancouver.
Eager didn’t return to the contest following his tilt with Kassian and was held out of the Oilers’ 6-3 loss to San Jose on Tuesday night.
For exactly how Kassian caused the concussion, we direct your attention to this video:
And this photo, courtesy The Score:
It should be noted that Eager does have a history with concussions.
He missed three games with one at the start of the 2011-12 campaign and missed a number of games with a concussion (and concussion symptoms) during his time in Chicago.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 17
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 9
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 54