Jan 23, 2013, 9:40 AM EDT
Did Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn, 21, leave his feet before or after he made contact with New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov, 30, midway through the second period of Tuesday’s contest?
That’s one of the questions on NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan’s mind. Schenn will be the subject of the first supplemental discipline hearing of the season, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
You can watch the hit in question below:
Volchenkov still went on to log 17:48 minutes in New Jersey’s 3-0 victory. Schenn continued his eventful night by fighting 27-year-old forward Steve Bernier with just 33 seconds remaining in the game.
It’s worth noting that, as the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti pointed out, the rules for fines have been altered under the new CBA.
It used to be that the most the league could fine a player was $2,500 per incident, but now it’s half of a player’s daily salary up to a maximum of $10,000 for first-time offenders. That figure balloons to a maximum of $15,000 for repeat offenders.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)