Jan 23, 2013, 9:40 AM EST
Did Philadelphia Flyers forward Brayden Schenn, 21, leave his feet before or after he made contact with New Jersey Devils defenseman Anton Volchenkov, 30, midway through the second period of Tuesday’s contest?
That’s one of the questions on NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan’s mind. Schenn will be the subject of the first supplemental discipline hearing of the season, according to Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos.
You can watch the hit in question below:
Volchenkov still went on to log 17:48 minutes in New Jersey’s 3-0 victory. Schenn continued his eventful night by fighting 27-year-old forward Steve Bernier with just 33 seconds remaining in the game.
It’s worth noting that, as the Bergen Record’s Tom Gulitti pointed out, the rules for fines have been altered under the new CBA.
It used to be that the most the league could fine a player was $2,500 per incident, but now it’s half of a player’s daily salary up to a maximum of $10,000 for first-time offenders. That figure balloons to a maximum of $15,000 for repeat offenders.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)