Jan 23, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
OK, so it’s not technically hockey news, but who doesn’t like a good rich-people divorce story?
Per The Province, apparently the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini is seeking court approval to sell 1,900 bottles of a family wine collection after receiving an offer of $615,000 for said collection.
If you do the math, that equals over $300 per bottle, so it’s probably OK wine.
Taliah Aquilini is reportedly seeking a divorce on the basis of adultery.
Also, according to her lawyer, the couple lived “well in excess of their means” (which may or may not have included throwing away money on Keith Ballard).
The divorce trial is scheduled for September.
Based on the way the Canucks have started the season, it won’t involve a fight over who keeps the owner’s Stanley Cup ring.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 30
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 114
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 81
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (114)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (81)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (39)