Jan 23, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
OK, so it’s not technically hockey news, but who doesn’t like a good rich-people divorce story?
Per The Province, apparently the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini is seeking court approval to sell 1,900 bottles of a family wine collection after receiving an offer of $615,000 for said collection.
If you do the math, that equals over $300 per bottle, so it’s probably OK wine.
Taliah Aquilini is reportedly seeking a divorce on the basis of adultery.
Also, according to her lawyer, the couple lived “well in excess of their means” (which may or may not have included throwing away money on Keith Ballard).
The divorce trial is scheduled for September.
Based on the way the Canucks have started the season, it won’t involve a fight over who keeps the owner’s Stanley Cup ring.
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 0
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 9
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53