Jan 23, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
OK, so it’s not technically hockey news, but who doesn’t like a good rich-people divorce story?
Per The Province, apparently the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini is seeking court approval to sell 1,900 bottles of a family wine collection after receiving an offer of $615,000 for said collection.
If you do the math, that equals over $300 per bottle, so it’s probably OK wine.
Taliah Aquilini is reportedly seeking a divorce on the basis of adultery.
Also, according to her lawyer, the couple lived “well in excess of their means” (which may or may not have included throwing away money on Keith Ballard).
The divorce trial is scheduled for September.
Based on the way the Canucks have started the season, it won’t involve a fight over who keeps the owner’s Stanley Cup ring.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 103
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 49
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63