Jan 23, 2013, 11:21 AM EST
OK, so it’s not technically hockey news, but who doesn’t like a good rich-people divorce story?
Per The Province, apparently the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini is seeking court approval to sell 1,900 bottles of a family wine collection after receiving an offer of $615,000 for said collection.
If you do the math, that equals over $300 per bottle, so it’s probably OK wine.
Taliah Aquilini is reportedly seeking a divorce on the basis of adultery.
Also, according to her lawyer, the couple lived “well in excess of their means” (which may or may not have included throwing away money on Keith Ballard).
The divorce trial is scheduled for September.
Based on the way the Canucks have started the season, it won’t involve a fight over who keeps the owner’s Stanley Cup ring.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 2
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 16
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 58
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 28
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 81
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)