Jan 23, 2013, 11:21 AM EDT
OK, so it’s not technically hockey news, but who doesn’t like a good rich-people divorce story?
Per The Province, apparently the soon-to-be-ex-wife of Canucks owner Francesco Aquilini is seeking court approval to sell 1,900 bottles of a family wine collection after receiving an offer of $615,000 for said collection.
If you do the math, that equals over $300 per bottle, so it’s probably OK wine.
Taliah Aquilini is reportedly seeking a divorce on the basis of adultery.
Also, according to her lawyer, the couple lived “well in excess of their means” (which may or may not have included throwing away money on Keith Ballard).
The divorce trial is scheduled for September.
Based on the way the Canucks have started the season, it won’t involve a fight over who keeps the owner’s Stanley Cup ring.
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 0
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 3
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 4
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 24
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3