Jan 23, 2013, 4:23 PM EST
So far, so good for Corey Crawford – after two starts, Chicago’s biggest question mark heading into the 2013 season is undefeated with a .927 save percentage.
Still early, you say? You’re right, but hey, if they’re already panicking about the goaltending in places like Vancouver and Philadelphia, why can’t Blackhawks fans quietly revel about Crawford’s performance?
Yesterday, the 28-year-old stopped 32 of 34 St. Louis shots as the ‘Hawks hung on to beat the Blues, 3-2.
How does Crawford explain his improved play?
Well, one thing that’s changed is his pre-game routine.
“Before I was playing a little bit of soccer, now I’m just going into my corner and stretching, doing a lot more before a game,” Crawford said, per CSNChicago.com. “After our meetings, whether it be in the gym or something, I’ll relax and stretch out and get ready that way mentally by myself.”
The Blackhawks will go for their fourth straight win Thursday in Dallas.
Related: Crawford seeking redemption
Nov 27, 2014, 9:30 PM EST
Was a healthy scratch in nine games.
Nov 27, 2014, 8:30 PM EST
Appeared to take the shot off his left knee. Will not return.
Nov 27, 2014, 7:30 PM EST
Struggled in the American Hockey League this season.
Nov 27, 2014, 6:30 PM EST
Expected to formally announce his retirement next Thursday morning.
Nov 27, 2014, 5:15 PM EST
Talented center would be a prized pickup at the deadline.
Nov 27, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
Patrick Roy doesn’t own part of a junior team anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:41 PM EST
Incident occurred during Wednesday’s Jets-Sabres game.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:27 PM EST
Linden Vey gets back into the lineup for tomorrow’s game in Columbus.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:12 PM EST
Dallas forward has history as a repeat offender.
Nov 27, 2014, 2:03 PM EST
That’s a picture of Shawn Thornton, who doesn’t play for them anymore.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:59 PM EST
Just two goals in 20 games this year.
Nov 27, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Devils currently sit 12th in the Eastern Conference.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:29 PM EST
Played in 14 games over parts of the last three seasons.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:17 PM EST
Following Tuesday’s “mind-numbing” change in Dallas.
Nov 27, 2014, 12:02 PM EST
Big boost for Nashville, who hosts Edmonton tonight.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:44 AM EST
That’s the feeling, at least.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:18 AM EST
Florida’s No. 1 left Wednesday’s game early.
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Nov 27, 2014, 11:10 AM EST
Center had a career-high 18 goals and 39 points last year.
Nov 27, 2014, 10:59 AM EST
Not listed: glorious gluttony.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)