Jan 23, 2013, 5:46 PM EDT
The incident occurred midway through the second period, and Schenn was not penalized on the play.
Here’s the video explanation from NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan:
Schenn will miss Philadelphia’s next game — Thursday’s home date against the Rangers — and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $4,702.70 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Of note, this is Shanahan’s first disciplinary ruling of the 2013 season and his first suspension since dinging then-Rangers forward Brandon Prust one game for elbowing during the Eastern Conference final.
(Ironically, the Prust suspension was for elbowing — yup — Anton Volchenkov.)
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)