Jan 23, 2013, 5:46 PM EDT
The incident occurred midway through the second period, and Schenn was not penalized on the play.
Here’s the video explanation from NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan:
Schenn will miss Philadelphia’s next game — Thursday’s home date against the Rangers — and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $4,702.70 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Of note, this is Shanahan’s first disciplinary ruling of the 2013 season and his first suspension since dinging then-Rangers forward Brandon Prust one game for elbowing during the Eastern Conference final.
(Ironically, the Prust suspension was for elbowing — yup — Anton Volchenkov.)
- Report: Brodie’s contract extension with Calgary expected Monday 0
- Video: Rangers score twice in record time 3
- Video: Quick robs Parise as part of 40-save performance 11
- Ruff blasts Dallas for playing ‘garbage hockey’ vs. Flyers 6
- Schwartz’s first career hat trick leads Blues past Coyotes 2
- Giroux nets OT winner as Flyers top Stars 3
- Miller suffers upper body injury in Bruins win 3
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ 45
- Report: Islanders were sold for $485 million 8
- Scrivens believes Oilers are ‘starting to build winning habits’ 9
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (119)
- Discuss: Avs beat B’s with last-second — literally! — goal (64)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Panthers set another record with low attendance (56)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (53)