Jan 23, 2013, 5:46 PM EST
The incident occurred midway through the second period, and Schenn was not penalized on the play.
Here’s the video explanation from NHL discipline czar Brendan Shanahan:
Schenn will miss Philadelphia’s next game — Thursday’s home date against the Rangers — and, based on his average annual salary, will forfeit $4,702.70 to the Players’ Emergency Assistance Fund.
Of note, this is Shanahan’s first disciplinary ruling of the 2013 season and his first suspension since dinging then-Rangers forward Brandon Prust one game for elbowing during the Eastern Conference final.
(Ironically, the Prust suspension was for elbowing — yup — Anton Volchenkov.)
- Leafs scoring slump hits historical low 11
- Video: Rangers’ Lundqvist takes puck to the neck 3
- Zamboni driver arrested for DUI, allegedly cleaned ice surface while drunk 13
- Mike Richards trying to make the best of being sent to the AHL 9
- Price leads Habs past Caps with second straight shutout 8
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 27
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 61
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4