Jan 23, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
Wade Redden is all set to make his St. Louis debut.
The veteran defenseman — who signed with the Blues on Jan. 18 — has been activated by the club and could be in the lineup for Thursday’s home game against the Nashville Predators.
Redden will reportedly wear No. 6 for St. Louis. (Last worn by the immortal Kent Huskins.)
In a related move, the Blues assigned defenseman Ian Cole to their AHL affiliate in Peoria.
Cole, 23, has appeared in all three games for the Blues this season, averaging 17:49 TOI while registering one assist.
The reason for sending Cole to the minors is purely procedural. Earlier in the day, St. Louis put defenseman Jeff Woywitka on waivers — Cole’s demotion is temporary while the club waits for Woywitka to clear.
According to Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat, Cole should return to St. Louis in time for Thursday’s game against the Preds.
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 5
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 4
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 21
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)