Jan 23, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
Wade Redden is all set to make his St. Louis debut.
The veteran defenseman — who signed with the Blues on Jan. 18 — has been activated by the club and could be in the lineup for Thursday’s home game against the Nashville Predators.
Redden will reportedly wear No. 6 for St. Louis. (Last worn by the immortal Kent Huskins.)
In a related move, the Blues assigned defenseman Ian Cole to their AHL affiliate in Peoria.
Cole, 23, has appeared in all three games for the Blues this season, averaging 17:49 TOI while registering one assist.
The reason for sending Cole to the minors is purely procedural. Earlier in the day, St. Louis put defenseman Jeff Woywitka on waivers — Cole’s demotion is temporary while the club waits for Woywitka to clear.
According to Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat, Cole should return to St. Louis in time for Thursday’s game against the Preds.
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 5
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 7
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 7
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 10
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 31
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 66
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)