Jan 23, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Wade Redden is all set to make his St. Louis debut.
The veteran defenseman — who signed with the Blues on Jan. 18 — has been activated by the club and could be in the lineup for Thursday’s home game against the Nashville Predators.
Redden will reportedly wear No. 6 for St. Louis. (Last worn by the immortal Kent Huskins.)
In a related move, the Blues assigned defenseman Ian Cole to their AHL affiliate in Peoria.
Cole, 23, has appeared in all three games for the Blues this season, averaging 17:49 TOI while registering one assist.
The reason for sending Cole to the minors is purely procedural. Earlier in the day, St. Louis put defenseman Jeff Woywitka on waivers — Cole’s demotion is temporary while the club waits for Woywitka to clear.
According to Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat, Cole should return to St. Louis in time for Thursday’s game against the Preds.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabres in franchise history 10
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 4
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17