Jan 23, 2013, 1:37 PM EST
Wade Redden is all set to make his St. Louis debut.
The veteran defenseman — who signed with the Blues on Jan. 18 — has been activated by the club and could be in the lineup for Thursday’s home game against the Nashville Predators.
Redden will reportedly wear No. 6 for St. Louis. (Last worn by the immortal Kent Huskins.)
In a related move, the Blues assigned defenseman Ian Cole to their AHL affiliate in Peoria.
Cole, 23, has appeared in all three games for the Blues this season, averaging 17:49 TOI while registering one assist.
The reason for sending Cole to the minors is purely procedural. Earlier in the day, St. Louis put defenseman Jeff Woywitka on waivers — Cole’s demotion is temporary while the club waits for Woywitka to clear.
According to Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat, Cole should return to St. Louis in time for Thursday’s game against the Preds.
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 7
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (75)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)