Jan 23, 2013, 1:37 PM EDT
Wade Redden is all set to make his St. Louis debut.
The veteran defenseman — who signed with the Blues on Jan. 18 — has been activated by the club and could be in the lineup for Thursday’s home game against the Nashville Predators.
Redden will reportedly wear No. 6 for St. Louis. (Last worn by the immortal Kent Huskins.)
In a related move, the Blues assigned defenseman Ian Cole to their AHL affiliate in Peoria.
Cole, 23, has appeared in all three games for the Blues this season, averaging 17:49 TOI while registering one assist.
The reason for sending Cole to the minors is purely procedural. Earlier in the day, St. Louis put defenseman Jeff Woywitka on waivers — Cole’s demotion is temporary while the club waits for Woywitka to clear.
According to Norm Sanders of the Belleville News-Democrat, Cole should return to St. Louis in time for Thursday’s game against the Preds.
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 1
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 18
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 10
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 13
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 96
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (96)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)