Jan 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Brough and I broke bread (figuratively) with NBC Sports’ Kay Adams to discuss the opening weekend of NHL action.
Kay, a St. Louis native, surprised us with her intimate knowledge of the game. She name-checked Vladimir Tarasenko within the first five minutes of meeting us, which was impressive.
After that, we got down to the business of talking hockey — specifically, our impressions from the first few games of the year. Which teams have looked most impressive thus far? Which ones have looked sluggish to start?
And hey, what would a PHT Extra video be without some goaltending controversy out of Vancouver? We discussed if GM Mike Gillis has altered his plan at all for Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider after a weekend of media scrutiny.
Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
FYI, if you want to follow Kay on Twitter, do it at @keykayadams.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)