Jan 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
On Tuesday, Brough and I broke bread (figuratively) with NBC Sports’ Kay Adams to discuss the opening weekend of NHL action.
Kay, a St. Louis native, surprised us with her intimate knowledge of the game. She name-checked Vladimir Tarasenko within the first five minutes of meeting us, which was impressive.
After that, we got down to the business of talking hockey — specifically, our impressions from the first few games of the year. Which teams have looked most impressive thus far? Which ones have looked sluggish to start?
And hey, what would a PHT Extra video be without some goaltending controversy out of Vancouver? We discussed if GM Mike Gillis has altered his plan at all for Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider after a weekend of media scrutiny.
Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
FYI, if you want to follow Kay on Twitter, do it at @keykayadams.
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 84
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 7
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 53
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (84)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)