Jan 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EDT
On Tuesday, Brough and I broke bread (figuratively) with NBC Sports’ Kay Adams to discuss the opening weekend of NHL action.
Kay, a St. Louis native, surprised us with her intimate knowledge of the game. She name-checked Vladimir Tarasenko within the first five minutes of meeting us, which was impressive.
After that, we got down to the business of talking hockey — specifically, our impressions from the first few games of the year. Which teams have looked most impressive thus far? Which ones have looked sluggish to start?
And hey, what would a PHT Extra video be without some goaltending controversy out of Vancouver? We discussed if GM Mike Gillis has altered his plan at all for Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider after a weekend of media scrutiny.
Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
FYI, if you want to follow Kay on Twitter, do it at @keykayadams.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 5
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 30
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 23
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)