Jan 22, 2013, 8:00 PM EST
On Tuesday, Brough and I broke bread (figuratively) with NBC Sports’ Kay Adams to discuss the opening weekend of NHL action.
Kay, a St. Louis native, surprised us with her intimate knowledge of the game. She name-checked Vladimir Tarasenko within the first five minutes of meeting us, which was impressive.
After that, we got down to the business of talking hockey — specifically, our impressions from the first few games of the year. Which teams have looked most impressive thus far? Which ones have looked sluggish to start?
And hey, what would a PHT Extra video be without some goaltending controversy out of Vancouver? We discussed if GM Mike Gillis has altered his plan at all for Roberto Luongo and Cory Schneider after a weekend of media scrutiny.
Enjoy.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
FYI, if you want to follow Kay on Twitter, do it at @keykayadams.
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 9
- Bettman concedes there are ‘some members of the NHL family who would like to see fewer shootouts’ 48
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 19
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 20
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 36
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32