Jan 22, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Cory Schneider will get the start in Vancouver’s goal Wednesday night when the Canucks host the Flames.
As everyone knows by now, Schneider was pulled after allowing five goals on 14 shots in Saturday’s season-opener versus Anaheim. The next night against Edmonton, Roberto Luongo got the nod from coach Alain Vigneault.
Today, Schneider told reporters he was looking forward to redeeming himself.
“It’s a great sign that they believe in me and that they feel last game was an aberration, which I believe as well,” he said. “Now, I just have to go out and prove it.”
However Schneider does tomorrow, it will be a story. But another poor outing, which would likely mean three straight home losses to start the season for the Canucks, will mean more newspaper spreads like this:
- Agent: Franson has spoken with ‘half a dozen’ teams (Updated) 8
- Your 2015 HHOF Class: Fedorov, Housley, Lidstrom, Pronger, Ruggiero 39
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder 102
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ 88
- Sens’ Chiasson headed for arbitration 1
- Pricey Platoon? Stars reportedly sign Niemi for three years, $13.5M 19
- Hodgson, Stalberg placed on unconditional waivers 24
- Buyouts loom as Richards, Parenteau and Fistric clear unconditional waivers 4
- UFA of the Day: Chris Stewart 18
- Penguins sign Ian Cole to a three-year, $6.3 million deal 11
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (102)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (88)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)
- Consensus reached: 5 minutes of 3-on-3 OT could be in place for 2015-16 (60)