Jan 22, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Cory Schneider will get the start in Vancouver’s goal Wednesday night when the Canucks host the Flames.
As everyone knows by now, Schneider was pulled after allowing five goals on 14 shots in Saturday’s season-opener versus Anaheim. The next night against Edmonton, Roberto Luongo got the nod from coach Alain Vigneault.
Today, Schneider told reporters he was looking forward to redeeming himself.
“It’s a great sign that they believe in me and that they feel last game was an aberration, which I believe as well,” he said. “Now, I just have to go out and prove it.”
However Schneider does tomorrow, it will be a story. But another poor outing, which would likely mean three straight home losses to start the season for the Canucks, will mean more newspaper spreads like this:
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 3
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 77
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)