Jan 22, 2013, 5:10 PM EDT
Cory Schneider will get the start in Vancouver’s goal Wednesday night when the Canucks host the Flames.
As everyone knows by now, Schneider was pulled after allowing five goals on 14 shots in Saturday’s season-opener versus Anaheim. The next night against Edmonton, Roberto Luongo got the nod from coach Alain Vigneault.
Today, Schneider told reporters he was looking forward to redeeming himself.
“It’s a great sign that they believe in me and that they feel last game was an aberration, which I believe as well,” he said. “Now, I just have to go out and prove it.”
However Schneider does tomorrow, it will be a story. But another poor outing, which would likely mean three straight home losses to start the season for the Canucks, will mean more newspaper spreads like this:
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 20
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17