Jan 22, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT
Though most of the attention has been on the defense, the Red Wings’ cavalcade of injuries hasn’t been limited to the blue line.
Samuelsson has a tight groin that he said he pulled in training camp. “Gotta be careful with it and take our time,” he said, per the Detroit Fee Press, “otherwise, it could be a real long time.”
Nyquist, 23, appeared in 18 games for the Red Wings in 2011-12, scoring once and adding six assists. In 39 games with AHL Grand Rapids this season, he has 40 points in 39 games.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5