Jan 22, 2013, 1:32 PM EST
Though most of the attention has been on the defense, the Red Wings’ cavalcade of injuries hasn’t been limited to the blue line.
Samuelsson has a tight groin that he said he pulled in training camp. “Gotta be careful with it and take our time,” he said, per the Detroit Fee Press, “otherwise, it could be a real long time.”
Nyquist, 23, appeared in 18 games for the Red Wings in 2011-12, scoring once and adding six assists. In 39 games with AHL Grand Rapids this season, he has 40 points in 39 games.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35