Jan 22, 2013, 1:32 PM EDT
Though most of the attention has been on the defense, the Red Wings’ cavalcade of injuries hasn’t been limited to the blue line.
Samuelsson has a tight groin that he said he pulled in training camp. “Gotta be careful with it and take our time,” he said, per the Detroit Fee Press, “otherwise, it could be a real long time.”
Nyquist, 23, appeared in 18 games for the Red Wings in 2011-12, scoring once and adding six assists. In 39 games with AHL Grand Rapids this season, he has 40 points in 39 games.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7