Jan 22, 2013, 1:32 PM EST
Though most of the attention has been on the defense, the Red Wings’ cavalcade of injuries hasn’t been limited to the blue line.
Samuelsson has a tight groin that he said he pulled in training camp. “Gotta be careful with it and take our time,” he said, per the Detroit Fee Press, “otherwise, it could be a real long time.”
Nyquist, 23, appeared in 18 games for the Red Wings in 2011-12, scoring once and adding six assists. In 39 games with AHL Grand Rapids this season, he has 40 points in 39 games.
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 1
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 2
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 10
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 27
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3