Jan 22, 2013, 1:32 PM EST
Though most of the attention has been on the defense, the Red Wings’ cavalcade of injuries hasn’t been limited to the blue line.
Samuelsson has a tight groin that he said he pulled in training camp. “Gotta be careful with it and take our time,” he said, per the Detroit Fee Press, “otherwise, it could be a real long time.”
Nyquist, 23, appeared in 18 games for the Red Wings in 2011-12, scoring once and adding six assists. In 39 games with AHL Grand Rapids this season, he has 40 points in 39 games.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 19
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5