Jan 22, 2013, 7:31 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
Detroit Red Wings forward Henrik Zetterberg, 32, and goaltender Jimmy Howard, 28, reflect on their time with forward Tomas Holmstrom as he gets ready to retire a day before his 40th birthday. (Detroit Free Press)
Defenseman Shane O’Brien was a healthy scratch in the Colorado Avalanche’s season opener. The 29-year-old is waiting for his chance to prove himself, but the team is carrying eight defensemen, which has created a bit of a logjam. (Denver Post)
New Calgary Flames coach Bob Hartley seems willing to let his players take some risks. (Calgary Sun)
Ottawa Senators goaltender Craig Anderson earned a 31-save shutout against the Florida Panthers on Monday. The 31-year-old spent parts of three seasons with Florida and now has a 8-0-1 record versus his former club. (Ottawa Citizen)
For years the San Jose Sharks have been trying to win a Stanley Cup before their core got too old. Are they already too late? (Edmonton Journal)
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:55 PM EDT
Game 2’s galore.
Apr 17, 2015, 5:07 PM EDT
“It seems when we lose a game everyone’s really focused to get back on the winning track.”
Apr 17, 2015, 4:05 PM EDT
Mike Fisher looks like he’s unable to go.
Apr 17, 2015, 3:11 PM EDT
After racking up 78 points in 69 games.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 0
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 10
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 40
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 45
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38