Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Kreider, 21, was hit hard by Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik in the last minute of Sunday’s game at Madison Square Garden, a 6-3 Penguins victory.
Rangers coach John Tortorella was his typical sympathetic self when asked about the hit following the game.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he said.
Update (12:38 p.m. ET)
Chris Kreider says he's fine, jaw locked up on Orpik hit, no concussion—
Steve Zipay (@stevezipay) January 22, 2013
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 73
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 75
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50