Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 AM EST
Kreider, 21, was hit hard by Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik in the last minute of Sunday’s game at Madison Square Garden, a 6-3 Penguins victory.
Rangers coach John Tortorella was his typical sympathetic self when asked about the hit following the game.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he said.
Update (12:38 p.m. ET)
Chris Kreider says he's fine, jaw locked up on Orpik hit, no concussion—
Steve Zipay (@stevezipay) January 22, 2013
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 1
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 15
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)