Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Kreider, 21, was hit hard by Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik in the last minute of Sunday’s game at Madison Square Garden, a 6-3 Penguins victory.
Rangers coach John Tortorella was his typical sympathetic self when asked about the hit following the game.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he said.
Update (12:38 p.m. ET)
Chris Kreider says he's fine, jaw locked up on Orpik hit, no concussion—
Steve Zipay (@stevezipay) January 22, 2013
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 34
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 31
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 26
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 49
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35