Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 AM EST
Kreider, 21, was hit hard by Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik in the last minute of Sunday’s game at Madison Square Garden, a 6-3 Penguins victory.
Rangers coach John Tortorella was his typical sympathetic self when asked about the hit following the game.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he said.
Update (12:38 p.m. ET)
Chris Kreider says he's fine, jaw locked up on Orpik hit, no concussion—
Steve Zipay (@stevezipay) January 22, 2013
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 0
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 4
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 1
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 10
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 16
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)