Jan 22, 2013, 11:23 AM EDT
Kreider, 21, was hit hard by Pittsburgh defenseman Brooks Orpik in the last minute of Sunday’s game at Madison Square Garden, a 6-3 Penguins victory.
Rangers coach John Tortorella was his typical sympathetic self when asked about the hit following the game.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he said.
Update (12:38 p.m. ET)
Chris Kreider says he's fine, jaw locked up on Orpik hit, no concussion—
Steve Zipay (@stevezipay) January 22, 2013
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 0
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 9
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 33
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)