Jan 22, 2013, 3:24 PM EDT
Though it’s only two games into the regular season, Marian Hossa already has that winning feeling.
That’s what the Blackhawks winger told the Chicago Sun-Times after racing out to a 2-0 start to the season, thanks to victories over the Kings and Coyotes.
‘‘Right now, it feels like 2010,’’ Hossa said, referencing Chicago’s Cup-winning side of two year ago. ‘‘We had the four lines going [then], and right now we’re doing similar things.
“I know it’s only two games and it’s early to be talking about it, but I feel good about rolling four lines, so everyone’s more energized, instead of playing two or three lines so much.’’
The ability roll four lines is a hot topic in Chicago. Last year, the team relied almost exclusively on the top six of Hossa, Patrick Sharp, Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews, Viktor Stalberg and Dave Bolland — but this year, the ‘Hawks have already gotten contributions from Michael Frolik, Bryan Bickell, Dan Carcillo and Marcus Kruger.
The team is also getting more ice from last year’s surprise rookie standout, Andrew Shaw, who’s averaging nearly 16 minutes a night.
Head coach Joel Quenneville is excited about his depth up front, and also made the ’10 reference.
‘‘The 2010 team, we had four lines we were rotating,’’ he explained. ‘‘Everybody was going, and that’s what we’re talking about this season. We like that they’re all capable of playing against anybody. We like the depth.’’
Mar 9, 2014, 11:27 PM EDT
St. Louis has had Minnesota’s (and the league’s) number lately.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:40 PM EDT
Los Angeles took its seventh win in a row despite the incident.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:08 PM EDT
Keeping pace with other West powers.
Mar 9, 2014, 9:03 PM EDT
Don’t worry, they won’t join the Washington Generals.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Impressively, he returned to action in the second period.
Mar 9, 2014, 8:01 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 PM EDT
Patrick Kane comes home.
Mar 9, 2014, 7:12 PM EDT
Brian Elliott gets a rare start for St. Louis.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
It might be due to an Ed Jovanovski hit.
Mar 9, 2014, 6:01 PM EDT
It doesn’t sound great for their would-be starter.
Mar 9, 2014, 5:27 PM EDT
Calgary releases a statement on the matter.
Mar 9, 2014, 4:50 PM EDT
Mar 9, 2014, 3:57 PM EDT
The appetite to make a change seems to be growing.
Mar 9, 2014, 3:07 PM EDT
Detroit has lost its Wild Card spot.
Mar 9, 2014, 2:10 PM EDT
The once promising rookie was put on waivers by Ottawa.
Mar 9, 2014, 1:18 PM EDT
He’s scored in every New Jersey game since the Olympics.
Mar 9, 2014, 12:33 PM EDT
That’s on top of all the talent they traded away.
Mar 9, 2014, 11:58 AM EDT
Can Johan Franzen maintain his incredible post-Olympics pace?
Mar 9, 2014, 11:30 AM EDT
The 21-year-old is making the transition from the KHL.
Mar 9, 2014, 10:37 AM EDT
It helped lead St. Louis to its fourth straight win.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)