Jan 22, 2013, 9:40 PM EDT
The Calgary Flames will soon get two of their biggest free agent acquisitions in the lineup.
The club announced on Tuesday that Roman Cervenka and Jiri Hudler are en route to Calgary and will be eligible to make their season debuts on Saturday, Jan. 26.
Cervenka, the KHL standout who signed with Calgary in May, has been away from the team while receiving blood clot treatment at the Mayo Clinic. He has been cleared to return to practice on Thursday, and could be in the lineup when Calgary takes on Edmonton at the Saddledome on Saturday.
Hudler, who Calgary pried away from Detroit with a four-year, $16 million deal in July, has been in the Czech Republic mourning the loss of his father, Jiri Sr. who passed away on Monday.
Hudler will join the Flames’ active roster on Wednesday but won’t participate in that evening’s game against Vancouver.
The Flames will be keen to get both back in the lineup. It’s been a rough start to the shortened campaign, as they’ve allowed nine goals in back-to-back losses to San Jose and Anaheim — and both games were in Calgary.
Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun reports Cervenka and Hudler could play on the same line together if/when they debut against the Canucks on Saturday.
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 7
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 31
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 25
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 8
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 28
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 52
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)