Jan 22, 2013, 9:40 PM EST
The Calgary Flames will soon get two of their biggest free agent acquisitions in the lineup.
The club announced on Tuesday that Roman Cervenka and Jiri Hudler are en route to Calgary and will be eligible to make their season debuts on Saturday, Jan. 26.
Cervenka, the KHL standout who signed with Calgary in May, has been away from the team while receiving blood clot treatment at the Mayo Clinic. He has been cleared to return to practice on Thursday, and could be in the lineup when Calgary takes on Edmonton at the Saddledome on Saturday.
Hudler, who Calgary pried away from Detroit with a four-year, $16 million deal in July, has been in the Czech Republic mourning the loss of his father, Jiri Sr. who passed away on Monday.
Hudler will join the Flames’ active roster on Wednesday but won’t participate in that evening’s game against Vancouver.
The Flames will be keen to get both back in the lineup. It’s been a rough start to the shortened campaign, as they’ve allowed nine goals in back-to-back losses to San Jose and Anaheim — and both games were in Calgary.
Wes Gilbertson of the Calgary Sun reports Cervenka and Hudler could play on the same line together if/when they debut against the Canucks on Saturday.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 35
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)