Jan 22, 2013, 1:38 PM EST
Following season-opening losses to Buffalo and Pittsburgh — in which they scored just three goals — the Philadelphia Flyers are shaking up their lines in advance of Tuesday’s game in New Jersey. (7:30 p.m. ET, NBCSN)
Here’s what head coach Peter Laviolette has come up with, courtesy Philly.com:
* Schenn centering Tye McGinn and Wayne Simmonds. Schenn and McGinn were linemates with the AHL Phantoms this season.
The least familiar name is probably McGinn’s, Philly’s fourth-round selection at the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. He’s a big kid — 6-foot-2, 205 pounds — that showed some good scoring touch in Adirondack this season, posting 15 points in 33 games.
Hartnell, one of the veteran presences of the group, said he understood why Laviolette was altering his lines just two games into the season.
“We’re looking for a little bit of a spark,” he said. “It’s not like we weren’t getting chances, but I think switching things up will get everyone a fresh start.”
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 0
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 13
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (68)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)