Jan 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Every now and then, fans become part of the entertainment in ways that go beyond making noise.
That was the case in Ottawa on Monday, as one enterprising fan seemingly ran with his uncanny resemblance to Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean:
CBS’ Eye on Hockey collected some info on this crucial story, pointing out that MacLean’s “twin” was eventually escorted from his seat.
Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes caught up with the yet-to-be-named man, who said that he wasn’t trying to “spoof” MacLean. He claims his company merely had tickets in that spot.
MacLean told Mendes that he didn’t see his doppelganger, but found humor in the situation:
“I bet he’s a better interview than me,” MacLean said.
This is the most recent moment of whimsical fan involvement. Other incidents include the adult film actress seated behind New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer during the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and just about everything Vancouver’s Green Men did the past few years.
(Oh, by the way, the Senators dominated the Panthers in the game, prevailing 4-0.)
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 18
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 30
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 32
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)