Jan 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EST
Every now and then, fans become part of the entertainment in ways that go beyond making noise.
That was the case in Ottawa on Monday, as one enterprising fan seemingly ran with his uncanny resemblance to Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean:
CBS’ Eye on Hockey collected some info on this crucial story, pointing out that MacLean’s “twin” was eventually escorted from his seat.
Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes caught up with the yet-to-be-named man, who said that he wasn’t trying to “spoof” MacLean. He claims his company merely had tickets in that spot.
MacLean told Mendes that he didn’t see his doppelganger, but found humor in the situation:
“I bet he’s a better interview than me,” MacLean said.
This is the most recent moment of whimsical fan involvement. Other incidents include the adult film actress seated behind New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer during the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and just about everything Vancouver’s Green Men did the past few years.
(Oh, by the way, the Senators dominated the Panthers in the game, prevailing 4-0.)
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 56
- Leafs captain Phaneuf suspended two games for boarding 34
- Rangers confirm Staal suffered concussion 7
- Winnipeg to get outdoor game; Phoenix wants one 32
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 156
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 102
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 132
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (133)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (112)