Jan 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Every now and then, fans become part of the entertainment in ways that go beyond making noise.
That was the case in Ottawa on Monday, as one enterprising fan seemingly ran with his uncanny resemblance to Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean:
CBS’ Eye on Hockey collected some info on this crucial story, pointing out that MacLean’s “twin” was eventually escorted from his seat.
Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes caught up with the yet-to-be-named man, who said that he wasn’t trying to “spoof” MacLean. He claims his company merely had tickets in that spot.
MacLean told Mendes that he didn’t see his doppelganger, but found humor in the situation:
“I bet he’s a better interview than me,” MacLean said.
This is the most recent moment of whimsical fan involvement. Other incidents include the adult film actress seated behind New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer during the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and just about everything Vancouver’s Green Men did the past few years.
(Oh, by the way, the Senators dominated the Panthers in the game, prevailing 4-0.)
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 9
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 18
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 36
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 125
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 15
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (125)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)