Jan 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Every now and then, fans become part of the entertainment in ways that go beyond making noise.
That was the case in Ottawa on Monday, as one enterprising fan seemingly ran with his uncanny resemblance to Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean:
CBS’ Eye on Hockey collected some info on this crucial story, pointing out that MacLean’s “twin” was eventually escorted from his seat.
Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes caught up with the yet-to-be-named man, who said that he wasn’t trying to “spoof” MacLean. He claims his company merely had tickets in that spot.
MacLean told Mendes that he didn’t see his doppelganger, but found humor in the situation:
“I bet he’s a better interview than me,” MacLean said.
This is the most recent moment of whimsical fan involvement. Other incidents include the adult film actress seated behind New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer during the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and just about everything Vancouver’s Green Men did the past few years.
(Oh, by the way, the Senators dominated the Panthers in the game, prevailing 4-0.)
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 4
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 7
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 17
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9