Jan 21, 2013, 11:42 PM EDT
Every now and then, fans become part of the entertainment in ways that go beyond making noise.
That was the case in Ottawa on Monday, as one enterprising fan seemingly ran with his uncanny resemblance to Ottawa Senators coach Paul MacLean:
CBS’ Eye on Hockey collected some info on this crucial story, pointing out that MacLean’s “twin” was eventually escorted from his seat.
Sportsnet’s Ian Mendes caught up with the yet-to-be-named man, who said that he wasn’t trying to “spoof” MacLean. He claims his company merely had tickets in that spot.
MacLean told Mendes that he didn’t see his doppelganger, but found humor in the situation:
“I bet he’s a better interview than me,” MacLean said.
This is the most recent moment of whimsical fan involvement. Other incidents include the adult film actress seated behind New Jersey Devils head coach Peter DeBoer during the 2012 Stanley Cup finals and just about everything Vancouver’s Green Men did the past few years.
(Oh, by the way, the Senators dominated the Panthers in the game, prevailing 4-0.)
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)