Jan 21, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Cam Atkinson‘s disallowed shootout goal seemed primed to be the most memorable moment of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 4-3 SO win against the Columbus Blue Jackets until … this happened:
Damien Brunner was the author of that jaw-dropper, which was deemed a legal – and thus deciding – shootout goal.
The 26-year-old rookie probably felt pretty frustrated before he unleashed that dazzling move. In his first two games, the Swiss-born forward collected nine shots on goal but zero points.
He’ll need to score in regulation or overtime to keep hold of his Lottery ticket-assignment alongside Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, although this display argues that he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)