Jan 21, 2013, 11:05 PM EDT
Cam Atkinson‘s disallowed shootout goal seemed primed to be the most memorable moment of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 4-3 SO win against the Columbus Blue Jackets until … this happened:
Damien Brunner was the author of that jaw-dropper, which was deemed a legal – and thus deciding – shootout goal.
The 26-year-old rookie probably felt pretty frustrated before he unleashed that dazzling move. In his first two games, the Swiss-born forward collected nine shots on goal but zero points.
He’ll need to score in regulation or overtime to keep hold of his Lottery ticket-assignment alongside Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, although this display argues that he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)