Jan 21, 2013, 11:05 PM EST
Cam Atkinson‘s disallowed shootout goal seemed primed to be the most memorable moment of the Detroit Red Wings’ eventual 4-3 SO win against the Columbus Blue Jackets until … this happened:
Damien Brunner was the author of that jaw-dropper, which was deemed a legal – and thus deciding – shootout goal.
The 26-year-old rookie probably felt pretty frustrated before he unleashed that dazzling move. In his first two games, the Swiss-born forward collected nine shots on goal but zero points.
He’ll need to score in regulation or overtime to keep hold of his Lottery ticket-assignment alongside Pavel Datsyuk and Henrik Zetterberg, although this display argues that he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Here are the full highlights:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15