Jan 21, 2013, 5:01 PM EST
On Monday, that report proved false.
Bertuzzi’s mono tests came back negative, according to MLive.com’s Ansar Khan — meaning the 37-year-old could return to the lineup in time for Detroit’s game Friday against Minnesota.
Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News claims Bertuzzi is only suffering from the flu.
Bertuzzi was just one of Wings unavailable to play in Saturday’s season-opening drubbing — a 6-0 loss — to St. Louis.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5