Jan 21, 2013, 5:01 PM EDT
On Monday, that report proved false.
Bertuzzi’s mono tests came back negative, according to MLive.com’s Ansar Khan — meaning the 37-year-old could return to the lineup in time for Detroit’s game Friday against Minnesota.
Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News claims Bertuzzi is only suffering from the flu.
Bertuzzi was just one of Wings unavailable to play in Saturday’s season-opening drubbing — a 6-0 loss — to St. Louis.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 53
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 32
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 28
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 16
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 2
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 53
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 29
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)