Jan 21, 2013, 5:01 PM EST
On Monday, that report proved false.
Bertuzzi’s mono tests came back negative, according to MLive.com’s Ansar Khan — meaning the 37-year-old could return to the lineup in time for Detroit’s game Friday against Minnesota.
Ted Kulfan of the Detroit News claims Bertuzzi is only suffering from the flu.
Bertuzzi was just one of Wings unavailable to play in Saturday’s season-opening drubbing — a 6-0 loss — to St. Louis.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35