Jan 21, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Some minor transactions to pass along…
Ducks bring up Fasth
Anaheim has recalled goalie Viktor Fasth from AHL Norfolk, according to NHL.com.
In May, Fasth signed with Anaheim on a one-year deal to be Jonas Hiller‘s backup, but was sent to Norfolk so he could get some game action prior to joining the club.
The 29-year-old is an interesting story, something of a late bloomer.
He spent the majority of his career playing in Sweden’s lower-tier leagues before bursting onto the scene with AIK in 2010-11. Since then, he’s gone on to win back-to-back Honken Trophies, awarded annually to the top goalie in Sweden (the only other multiple winners are New York’s Henrik Lundqvist and former Lightning goalie Johan Holmqvist.)
In a related move, Anaheim sent down goalie Frederik Andersen to the Admirals.
Canucks waive Vandermeer
Vandermeer was a healthy scratch for both of Vancouver’s losses on the weekend and had been practicing as both a defenseman and forward at camp.
If he’s not claimed, he’ll probably be off to AHL Chicago.
Kings waive Stewart
Stewart, 28, was acquired by Los Angeles from Carolina at the beginning of training camp, in exchange for enforcer Kevin Westgarth.
He didn’t dress for the Kings’ season-opening loss against Chicago, and is presumably on waivers to facilitate the return of Anze Kopitar, who missed the opener with a knee injury.
If Stewart clears, he’ll likely be headed to AHL Manchester.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)