Jan 21, 2013, 12:25 PM EDT
Some minor transactions to pass along…
Ducks bring up Fasth
Anaheim has recalled goalie Viktor Fasth from AHL Norfolk, according to NHL.com.
In May, Fasth signed with Anaheim on a one-year deal to be Jonas Hiller‘s backup, but was sent to Norfolk so he could get some game action prior to joining the club.
The 29-year-old is an interesting story, something of a late bloomer.
He spent the majority of his career playing in Sweden’s lower-tier leagues before bursting onto the scene with AIK in 2010-11. Since then, he’s gone on to win back-to-back Honken Trophies, awarded annually to the top goalie in Sweden (the only other multiple winners are New York’s Henrik Lundqvist and former Lightning goalie Johan Holmqvist.)
In a related move, Anaheim sent down goalie Frederik Andersen to the Admirals.
Canucks waive Vandermeer
Vandermeer was a healthy scratch for both of Vancouver’s losses on the weekend and had been practicing as both a defenseman and forward at camp.
If he’s not claimed, he’ll probably be off to AHL Chicago.
Kings waive Stewart
Stewart, 28, was acquired by Los Angeles from Carolina at the beginning of training camp, in exchange for enforcer Kevin Westgarth.
He didn’t dress for the Kings’ season-opening loss against Chicago, and is presumably on waivers to facilitate the return of Anze Kopitar, who missed the opener with a knee injury.
If Stewart clears, he’ll likely be headed to AHL Manchester.
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 4
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 13
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 33
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 76
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (76)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings top Blackhawks in Game 3
- Play Video: Cleary: 'We won't be exchanging Christmas cards'
- Play Video: 'Hawks potential tying goal waved off
- Play Video: Blackhawks score on controversial play
- Play Video: Blackhawks bring the pain
- Play Video: Red Wings and BlackHawks fighting for control