Jan 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports the Rangers won’t have an update until tomorrow’s practice — the Blueshirts had a scheduled off-day on Monday — but noted that Kreider left the ice in bad shape.
The 21-year-old also didn’t meet with the media following Sunday’s game.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella said he thought the hit was clean, and added it might’ve been a necessary evil to shake his team out of its funk.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he told the Daily News.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 0
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 7
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 1
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 24
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11