Jan 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports the Rangers won’t have an update until tomorrow’s practice — the Blueshirts had a scheduled off-day on Monday — but noted that Kreider left the ice in bad shape.
The 21-year-old also didn’t meet with the media following Sunday’s game.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella said he thought the hit was clean, and added it might’ve been a necessary evil to shake his team out of its funk.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he told the Daily News.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 0
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15