Jan 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports the Rangers won’t have an update until tomorrow’s practice — the Blueshirts had a scheduled off-day on Monday — but noted that Kreider left the ice in bad shape.
The 21-year-old also didn’t meet with the media following Sunday’s game.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella said he thought the hit was clean, and added it might’ve been a necessary evil to shake his team out of its funk.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he told the Daily News.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11