Jan 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EDT
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports the Rangers won’t have an update until tomorrow’s practice — the Blueshirts had a scheduled off-day on Monday — but noted that Kreider left the ice in bad shape.
The 21-year-old also didn’t meet with the media following Sunday’s game.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella said he thought the hit was clean, and added it might’ve been a necessary evil to shake his team out of its funk.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he told the Daily News.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 16
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 16
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39