Jan 21, 2013, 3:06 PM EST
Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News reports the Rangers won’t have an update until tomorrow’s practice — the Blueshirts had a scheduled off-day on Monday — but noted that Kreider left the ice in bad shape.
The 21-year-old also didn’t meet with the media following Sunday’s game.
Rangers head coach John Tortorella said he thought the hit was clean, and added it might’ve been a necessary evil to shake his team out of its funk.
“Maybe we need to get whacked around some more to wake us up,” he told the Daily News.
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 27
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 35
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 15
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 36
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 77
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)