Jan 21, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Hossa started the season with two goals and an assist against the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Saturday and then scored twice in his rematch against the Coyotes tonight. His efforts proved to be key in Chicago’s 6-4 victory on Sunday.
You can watch Hossa’s first goal of the game below:
Although he was able to start the shortened season with Chicago, that probably wouldn’t have been the case if the 2012-13 campaign had begun on time. He only received medical clearance in December, roughly eight months after he was hospitalized.
Torres is still serving his 21-game (reduced from 25) suspension. He’ll be eligible to return on Feb. 2. Five days after that, the Blackhawks will be back in Phoenix for their rematch against the Coyotes.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)