Jan 21, 2013, 1:09 AM EST
Hossa started the season with two goals and an assist against the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Saturday and then scored twice in his rematch against the Coyotes tonight. His efforts proved to be key in Chicago’s 6-4 victory on Sunday.
You can watch Hossa’s first goal of the game below:
Although he was able to start the shortened season with Chicago, that probably wouldn’t have been the case if the 2012-13 campaign had begun on time. He only received medical clearance in December, roughly eight months after he was hospitalized.
Torres is still serving his 21-game (reduced from 25) suspension. He’ll be eligible to return on Feb. 2. Five days after that, the Blackhawks will be back in Phoenix for their rematch against the Coyotes.
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 0
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 8
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15