Jan 21, 2013, 1:09 AM EST
Hossa started the season with two goals and an assist against the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Saturday and then scored twice in his rematch against the Coyotes tonight. His efforts proved to be key in Chicago’s 6-4 victory on Sunday.
You can watch Hossa’s first goal of the game below:
Although he was able to start the shortened season with Chicago, that probably wouldn’t have been the case if the 2012-13 campaign had begun on time. He only received medical clearance in December, roughly eight months after he was hospitalized.
Torres is still serving his 21-game (reduced from 25) suspension. He’ll be eligible to return on Feb. 2. Five days after that, the Blackhawks will be back in Phoenix for their rematch against the Coyotes.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 1
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)