Jan 21, 2013, 1:09 AM EDT
Hossa started the season with two goals and an assist against the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Saturday and then scored twice in his rematch against the Coyotes tonight. His efforts proved to be key in Chicago’s 6-4 victory on Sunday.
You can watch Hossa’s first goal of the game below:
Although he was able to start the shortened season with Chicago, that probably wouldn’t have been the case if the 2012-13 campaign had begun on time. He only received medical clearance in December, roughly eight months after he was hospitalized.
Torres is still serving his 21-game (reduced from 25) suspension. He’ll be eligible to return on Feb. 2. Five days after that, the Blackhawks will be back in Phoenix for their rematch against the Coyotes.
- Video: Stamkos scores first goal since returning to Lightning lineup 3
- Sedin backs Tortorella and staff: ‘We love playing for these coaches’ 24
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider 93
- Callahan: I wanted to stay in New York 35
- Playoff bubble watch — Wild edition 18
- Video: Ryan Kesler injured on knee-on-knee collision, on his way back to Vancouver 12
- Discuss: Bruins run over Habs in newest chapter of historic rivalry 26
- Peverley to undergo heart procedure, will miss rest of season 13
- Comeau gets two games for boarding Smith 9
- Three things the Canucks haven’t done well under Torts 22
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (95)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (72)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)