Jan 21, 2013, 1:09 AM EST
Hossa started the season with two goals and an assist against the defending Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings on Saturday and then scored twice in his rematch against the Coyotes tonight. His efforts proved to be key in Chicago’s 6-4 victory on Sunday.
You can watch Hossa’s first goal of the game below:
Although he was able to start the shortened season with Chicago, that probably wouldn’t have been the case if the 2012-13 campaign had begun on time. He only received medical clearance in December, roughly eight months after he was hospitalized.
Torres is still serving his 21-game (reduced from 25) suspension. He’ll be eligible to return on Feb. 2. Five days after that, the Blackhawks will be back in Phoenix for their rematch against the Coyotes.
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 21
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 58