Jan 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Wade Redden might be 35 years old, and he might’ve been buried the last two seasons in the AHL, but his new head coach in St. Louis is convinced the former NHL all-star defenseman still has something left in the tank.
“I know he does,” Ken Hitchcock said, per the Belleville News-Democrat. “I watched him skate, so I know what he’s got left.”
Redden signed a one-year deal with the Blues last week after being bought out of his six-year, $39 million contract by the Rangers.
He didn’t play in the Blues’ opener Saturday, and he won’t play Monday in Nashville. But when he does finally make his return to the NHL, he’s confident it’ll be a successful one.
“I feel I’ve got something to give for sure,” Redden said. “I’m looking forward to showing that and getting my feet under me again. It’s been a little while since I’ve been in this league, but looking at some of the guys on the back end and some of the players they have here, it’s going to be good for me to come in and support that, be part of that.”
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 12
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 9
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 6
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 28
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (58)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 (57)