Jan 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Wade Redden might be 35 years old, and he might’ve been buried the last two seasons in the AHL, but his new head coach in St. Louis is convinced the former NHL all-star defenseman still has something left in the tank.
“I know he does,” Ken Hitchcock said, per the Belleville News-Democrat. “I watched him skate, so I know what he’s got left.”
Redden signed a one-year deal with the Blues last week after being bought out of his six-year, $39 million contract by the Rangers.
He didn’t play in the Blues’ opener Saturday, and he won’t play Monday in Nashville. But when he does finally make his return to the NHL, he’s confident it’ll be a successful one.
“I feel I’ve got something to give for sure,” Redden said. “I’m looking forward to showing that and getting my feet under me again. It’s been a little while since I’ve been in this league, but looking at some of the guys on the back end and some of the players they have here, it’s going to be good for me to come in and support that, be part of that.”
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)