Jan 21, 2013, 12:14 PM EDT
Wade Redden might be 35 years old, and he might’ve been buried the last two seasons in the AHL, but his new head coach in St. Louis is convinced the former NHL all-star defenseman still has something left in the tank.
“I know he does,” Ken Hitchcock said, per the Belleville News-Democrat. “I watched him skate, so I know what he’s got left.”
Redden signed a one-year deal with the Blues last week after being bought out of his six-year, $39 million contract by the Rangers.
He didn’t play in the Blues’ opener Saturday, and he won’t play Monday in Nashville. But when he does finally make his return to the NHL, he’s confident it’ll be a successful one.
“I feel I’ve got something to give for sure,” Redden said. “I’m looking forward to showing that and getting my feet under me again. It’s been a little while since I’ve been in this league, but looking at some of the guys on the back end and some of the players they have here, it’s going to be good for me to come in and support that, be part of that.”
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)