Jan 21, 2013, 2:27 PM EDT
Ericsson hurt his right shoulder Sunday at practice when he stepped on a puck, fell and crashed into the boards.
Today, the big 28-year-old said the shoulder wasn’t feeling as good as he’d hoped.
“It’s better than it was last night, but it just hurts,” Ericsson said, per the Detroit Free Press.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63