Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EST
Two days after holding Nashville to a pair of goals on 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout victory, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to make his second straight start for the Blue Jackets as they host Detroit tonight in Columbus.
If the Blue Jackets can get solid goaltending in this shortened season, it’ll be the first time they’ve had it since Mason’s outstanding rookie campaign in 2008-09.
In fact, of all the miscalculations GM Scott Howson made prior to last season, failing to address the goaltending was probably the worst one.
Jackets fans are hoping Howson got it right with Bobrovsky.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 5
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 18
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 60
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5