Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Two days after holding Nashville to a pair of goals on 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout victory, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to make his second straight start for the Blue Jackets as they host Detroit tonight in Columbus.
If the Blue Jackets can get solid goaltending in this shortened season, it’ll be the first time they’ve had it since Mason’s outstanding rookie campaign in 2008-09.
In fact, of all the miscalculations GM Scott Howson made prior to last season, failing to address the goaltending was probably the worst one.
Jackets fans are hoping Howson got it right with Bobrovsky.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 55
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 21
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 23
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming