Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Two days after holding Nashville to a pair of goals on 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout victory, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to make his second straight start for the Blue Jackets as they host Detroit tonight in Columbus.
If the Blue Jackets can get solid goaltending in this shortened season, it’ll be the first time they’ve had it since Mason’s outstanding rookie campaign in 2008-09.
In fact, of all the miscalculations GM Scott Howson made prior to last season, failing to address the goaltending was probably the worst one.
Jackets fans are hoping Howson got it right with Bobrovsky.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)