Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Two days after holding Nashville to a pair of goals on 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout victory, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to make his second straight start for the Blue Jackets as they host Detroit tonight in Columbus.
If the Blue Jackets can get solid goaltending in this shortened season, it’ll be the first time they’ve had it since Mason’s outstanding rookie campaign in 2008-09.
In fact, of all the miscalculations GM Scott Howson made prior to last season, failing to address the goaltending was probably the worst one.
Jackets fans are hoping Howson got it right with Bobrovsky.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5