Jan 21, 2013, 11:45 AM EDT
Two days after holding Nashville to a pair of goals on 34 shots in a 3-2 shootout victory, goalie Sergei Bobrovsky is expected to make his second straight start for the Blue Jackets as they host Detroit tonight in Columbus.
If the Blue Jackets can get solid goaltending in this shortened season, it’ll be the first time they’ve had it since Mason’s outstanding rookie campaign in 2008-09.
In fact, of all the miscalculations GM Scott Howson made prior to last season, failing to address the goaltending was probably the worst one.
Jackets fans are hoping Howson got it right with Bobrovsky.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 0
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry 7
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 31
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 43
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)