Jan 20, 2013, 11:15 AM EDT
Six different rookies earned points on opening night with five of them scoring goals. Florida’s Jonathan Huberdeau teamed up with another old guy in Alex Kovalev to pile up three points each while Huberdeau scored his first career goal.
St. Louis’ Vladimir Tarasenko scored twice, including this dazzler for his first career goal, against Detroit en route to a 6-0 win. The Blues have had high hopes for him since picking him 16th overall in the 2010 draft. For now, it looks like the wait was worth the reward.
Then you look at Cory Conacher in Tampa Bay and his two-point night as the Lightning rolled to a 6-3 win over the Caps. Conacher scored his first career NHL goal to help pile on in the third period.
Minnesota’s Mikael Granlund also got his first NHL goal in a win over the Avalanche. Meanwhile, Nazem Kadri got Toronto out front right away in their win over Montreal. Only Ottawa’s Patrick Wiercioch wasn’t able to find the net but did get an assist in the Sens win over Winnipeg.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 12
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 38
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 48
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 26
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)