Jan 20, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The bad news keeps piling on for the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve started the shortened season with back-to-back losses and lost Zac Rinaldo in the process.
Rinaldo logged just 2:47 minutes of ice time before his leg got sliced by a skate, based on CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio report. He required 20 stitches and needs to be examined further before he’ll have an idea of how much time he’ll miss.
“We hope he’s not that long out of the lineup,” Flyers coach Peter Laviolette, according to Flyers.nhl.com writer Anthony SanFilippo. SanFilippo interpreted that statement to mean that Rinaldo will definitely be unavailable for Tuesday’s game against New Jersey.
Rinaldo played in 66 games with the Philadelphia Flyers as a rookie last season and recorded 175 hits in the process, which was second only to Scott Hartnell on the Flyers. The 22-year-old forward also finished second in the NHL with 232 penalty minutes.
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 3
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 17
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 14
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 19
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 49
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 20
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 14
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (49)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)