Jan 20, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The bad news keeps piling on for the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve started the shortened season with back-to-back losses and lost Zac Rinaldo in the process.
Rinaldo logged just 2:47 minutes of ice time before his leg got sliced by a skate, based on CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio report. He required 20 stitches and needs to be examined further before he’ll have an idea of how much time he’ll miss.
“We hope he’s not that long out of the lineup,” Flyers coach Peter Laviolette, according to Flyers.nhl.com writer Anthony SanFilippo. SanFilippo interpreted that statement to mean that Rinaldo will definitely be unavailable for Tuesday’s game against New Jersey.
Rinaldo played in 66 games with the Philadelphia Flyers as a rookie last season and recorded 175 hits in the process, which was second only to Scott Hartnell on the Flyers. The 22-year-old forward also finished second in the NHL with 232 penalty minutes.
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 11
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 36
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 0
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 9
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 13
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 9
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 4
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 26
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Gronk's arm infection clear after surgery
- HBT: Dodgers have 'no plans' to fire Mattingly
- PBT: Brothers assaulted for taking Lillard's photo?
- PBT: Nets reportedly 'hone in' on Grizzlies' Hollins
- CBT: Ex-Rutgers coach Rice seeks Lucas' counsel