Jan 20, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The bad news keeps piling on for the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve started the shortened season with back-to-back losses and lost Zac Rinaldo in the process.
Rinaldo logged just 2:47 minutes of ice time before his leg got sliced by a skate, based on CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio report. He required 20 stitches and needs to be examined further before he’ll have an idea of how much time he’ll miss.
“We hope he’s not that long out of the lineup,” Flyers coach Peter Laviolette, according to Flyers.nhl.com writer Anthony SanFilippo. SanFilippo interpreted that statement to mean that Rinaldo will definitely be unavailable for Tuesday’s game against New Jersey.
Rinaldo played in 66 games with the Philadelphia Flyers as a rookie last season and recorded 175 hits in the process, which was second only to Scott Hartnell on the Flyers. The 22-year-old forward also finished second in the NHL with 232 penalty minutes.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 9
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 15
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 17
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)