Jan 20, 2013, 4:58 PM EDT
The bad news keeps piling on for the Philadelphia Flyers. They’ve started the shortened season with back-to-back losses and lost Zac Rinaldo in the process.
Rinaldo logged just 2:47 minutes of ice time before his leg got sliced by a skate, based on CSN Philly’s Tim Panaccio report. He required 20 stitches and needs to be examined further before he’ll have an idea of how much time he’ll miss.
“We hope he’s not that long out of the lineup,” Flyers coach Peter Laviolette, according to Flyers.nhl.com writer Anthony SanFilippo. SanFilippo interpreted that statement to mean that Rinaldo will definitely be unavailable for Tuesday’s game against New Jersey.
Rinaldo played in 66 games with the Philadelphia Flyers as a rookie last season and recorded 175 hits in the process, which was second only to Scott Hartnell on the Flyers. The 22-year-old forward also finished second in the NHL with 232 penalty minutes.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Capitals 1
- Red Wings’ Devellano calls Mantha ‘very, very, very disappointing’ 34
- End of an era in New Jersey as Shero replaces Lamoriello as GM 22
- Once again, Rick Nash isn’t scoring in the playoffs 21
- Video: U.S. stays unbeaten at Worlds with win over defending champs Russia 8
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 6
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 43
- Prust blasts referee Watson after getting tossed from Game 2 28
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 29
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)