Jan 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
As if getting beaten 6-0 by the rival Blues wasn’t bad enough, the Detroit Red Wings now have a host of injury issues to deal with.
Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is questionable for Monday’s game in Columbus (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson will miss the next two games, at least, with a sore groin and Thomas McCollum has been called up from AHL Grand Rapids to take his place.
Forward Jan Mursak, who took Todd Bertuzzi‘s place in the lineup thanks to him being out with mononucleosis, will also miss a few weeks of action with a collarbone injury. Patrick Eaves will take his spot in the lineup and he’ll be seeing his first action since early last season thanks to concussion problems.
One bad game isn’t enough to cause a full-blown panic for any team, but things certainly aren’t looking good for the Red Wings right now. If Ericsson has to miss time, that puts their iffy defense in an even bigger bind.
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)