Jan 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
As if getting beaten 6-0 by the rival Blues wasn’t bad enough, the Detroit Red Wings now have a host of injury issues to deal with.
Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is questionable for Monday’s game in Columbus (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson will miss the next two games, at least, with a sore groin and Thomas McCollum has been called up from AHL Grand Rapids to take his place.
Forward Jan Mursak, who took Todd Bertuzzi‘s place in the lineup thanks to him being out with mononucleosis, will also miss a few weeks of action with a collarbone injury. Patrick Eaves will take his spot in the lineup and he’ll be seeing his first action since early last season thanks to concussion problems.
One bad game isn’t enough to cause a full-blown panic for any team, but things certainly aren’t looking good for the Red Wings right now. If Ericsson has to miss time, that puts their iffy defense in an even bigger bind.
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 4
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 1
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 9
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)