Jan 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
As if getting beaten 6-0 by the rival Blues wasn’t bad enough, the Detroit Red Wings now have a host of injury issues to deal with.
Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is questionable for Monday’s game in Columbus (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson will miss the next two games, at least, with a sore groin and Thomas McCollum has been called up from AHL Grand Rapids to take his place.
Forward Jan Mursak, who took Todd Bertuzzi‘s place in the lineup thanks to him being out with mononucleosis, will also miss a few weeks of action with a collarbone injury. Patrick Eaves will take his spot in the lineup and he’ll be seeing his first action since early last season thanks to concussion problems.
One bad game isn’t enough to cause a full-blown panic for any team, but things certainly aren’t looking good for the Red Wings right now. If Ericsson has to miss time, that puts their iffy defense in an even bigger bind.
- Discuss: Habs overcome three-goal deficit, beat Senators in overtime 12
- Canucks ready to face Luongo on Sunday 2
- West update: Stars blow lead yet still improve hold on wild card spot 4
- East update: Red Wings eke out shootout win for key points 0
- Luongo continues to foil Schneider as Panthers damage Devils’ playoff hopes 3
- TGIF: In which we salivate over potential playoff matchups 10
- Backstrom to receive silver medal, IOC says Sweden doctor ‘made a serious error’ 29
- Pens lose Neal to concussion 61
- Here are the top 10 and bottom 10 goalies in even-strength save percentage 22
- Weekend preview: Flyers-Pens rivalry renewed, Bruins look to stay hot 13
- Here are three ‘major changes’ the NHL should consider (98)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (74)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (62)
- Pens lose Neal to concussion (61)
- Video: Dryden on why hockey should ‘give up the fighting, but keep the fight’ (57)