Jan 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EDT
As if getting beaten 6-0 by the rival Blues wasn’t bad enough, the Detroit Red Wings now have a host of injury issues to deal with.
Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is questionable for Monday’s game in Columbus (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson will miss the next two games, at least, with a sore groin and Thomas McCollum has been called up from AHL Grand Rapids to take his place.
Forward Jan Mursak, who took Todd Bertuzzi‘s place in the lineup thanks to him being out with mononucleosis, will also miss a few weeks of action with a collarbone injury. Patrick Eaves will take his spot in the lineup and he’ll be seeing his first action since early last season thanks to concussion problems.
One bad game isn’t enough to cause a full-blown panic for any team, but things certainly aren’t looking good for the Red Wings right now. If Ericsson has to miss time, that puts their iffy defense in an even bigger bind.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 9
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 2
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 24
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 45
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot