Jan 20, 2013, 3:58 PM EST
As if getting beaten 6-0 by the rival Blues wasn’t bad enough, the Detroit Red Wings now have a host of injury issues to deal with.
Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is questionable for Monday’s game in Columbus (7:30 p.m. ET on NBCSN). Backup goaltender Jonas Gustavsson will miss the next two games, at least, with a sore groin and Thomas McCollum has been called up from AHL Grand Rapids to take his place.
Forward Jan Mursak, who took Todd Bertuzzi‘s place in the lineup thanks to him being out with mononucleosis, will also miss a few weeks of action with a collarbone injury. Patrick Eaves will take his spot in the lineup and he’ll be seeing his first action since early last season thanks to concussion problems.
One bad game isn’t enough to cause a full-blown panic for any team, but things certainly aren’t looking good for the Red Wings right now. If Ericsson has to miss time, that puts their iffy defense in an even bigger bind.
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)