Jan 20, 2013, 7:42 PM EDT
Wade Redden has officially inked a one-year deal with the St. Louis Blues, according to the team’s website.
The Blues didn’t release the terms of the deal, but it was previously reported that Redden agreed to a salary of $800,000 (pro-rated).
The 35-year-old defenseman is looking to restart his NHL career after being bought out by the New York Rangers, but he won’t be able to make his Blues debut yet.
Although he’s traveling with the team, he’s currently ineligible to play due to immigration issues. St. Louis Post-Dispatch writer Jeremy Rutherford specified that Redden won’t play in Monday’s game against Nashville.
When Redden is finally able to return, he will participate in his first NHL contest since April 11, 2010. He was previously relegated to the minors by the Rangers to avoid his $6.5 million cap hit.
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 4
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 19
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 7
- Discuss: Kings dominate Game 5, one win away from Western Conference final 22
- Discuss: Red Wings take 3-1 series lead 65
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win 85
- What they’re saying about the Avs hiring Patrick Roy 9
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 56
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 38
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (113)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (85)
- Watch LIVE: Pens-Sens, Game 5
- Tiger, LeBron and bids to be the best that ever lived
- PBT: Pacers must take back paint to beat Heat
- HBT: A-Rod sells Miami home for $30 million
- PST: Key battles for Champions League final
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights