Jan 20, 2013, 10:40 PM EDT
A 0-2-0 start to the season isn’t devastating, but in the shortened season it represents the start of a dangerous trend that needs to be broken quickly for any team wishing to compete. Any prolonged losing streak could be fatal due to the 48-game schedule.
The New York Rangers will get a couple days to reflect after falling short in back-to-back games over the weekend, but they have yet another tough game ahead of them. They will face the Boston Bruins for the second time this season and will be looking for revenge after the Bruins earned a 3-1 victory in their first matchup.
NBC’s Pierre McGuire offered his preview of the upcoming contest, which you can view below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The match is scheduled for Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be on NBCSN.
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 19
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 37