Jan 20, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
A 0-2-0 start to the season isn’t devastating, but in the shortened season it represents the start of a dangerous trend that needs to be broken quickly for any team wishing to compete. Any prolonged losing streak could be fatal due to the 48-game schedule.
The New York Rangers will get a couple days to reflect after falling short in back-to-back games over the weekend, but they have yet another tough game ahead of them. They will face the Boston Bruins for the second time this season and will be looking for revenge after the Bruins earned a 3-1 victory in their first matchup.
NBC’s Pierre McGuire offered his preview of the upcoming contest, which you can view below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The match is scheduled for Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be on NBCSN.
- Video: Lindros and LeClair inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 4
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 29
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 36
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 31
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 56
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (56)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)