Jan 20, 2013, 10:40 PM EST
A 0-2-0 start to the season isn’t devastating, but in the shortened season it represents the start of a dangerous trend that needs to be broken quickly for any team wishing to compete. Any prolonged losing streak could be fatal due to the 48-game schedule.
The New York Rangers will get a couple days to reflect after falling short in back-to-back games over the weekend, but they have yet another tough game ahead of them. They will face the Boston Bruins for the second time this season and will be looking for revenge after the Bruins earned a 3-1 victory in their first matchup.
NBC’s Pierre McGuire offered his preview of the upcoming contest, which you can view below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
The match is scheduled for Wednesday at 7:30 p.m. ET and will be on NBCSN.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)