Jan 20, 2013, 3:14 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers appeared on two NBC games this weekend and left without a single standings point. The Buffalo Sabres bested them on Sunday, managing a 5-2 win that was closer than the score indicates.
Let’s get to the talking points.
- Thomas Vanek came up huge in the game, scoring a career-high five points. Can the highly paid sniper be a consistent threat for a Buffalo team in need of elite production?
- The Philadelphia Flyers have allowed four power-play goals in two games, including three on Sunday. What does Peter Laviolette need to do to improve the PK?
- The general consensus is that Ilya Bryzgalov hasn’t been to blame for this weekend’s two losses. Still, do you worry that the tiger-fearing netminder’s confidence might wane?
- This was the first bout between a team that was well-rested (Buffalo) and the team on the heels of a back-to-back (Philly). How much of a factor was fatigue and how often could that be a make-or-break element during the season.
- How many losses will it take for things to start going sour for the Flyers?
- What do you think of the more rough-and-tumble Sabres, such as Steve Ott (who scored on the PP)?
- Mikhail Grigorenko had a quiet debut for Buffalo. Should he ultimately stay with the big club?
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)