Jan 20, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll miss a month of action with a knee injury. It’s a tough break for Carcillo as he missed most of last season with a knee injury and yesterday’s game was his first one back since then.
Taking his place in the lineup will be rookie Brandon Saad. He was a scratch in yesterday’s game but his skill set is a bit different than Carcillo’s. Saad is a big kid (6’2″ 206) but he has some scoring touch as well and impressed coaches in his brief stay with the team last season. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com makes note, it’s a big opportunity for the youngster to make a splash.
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 4
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 6
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 7
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18