Jan 20, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll miss a month of action with a knee injury. It’s a tough break for Carcillo as he missed most of last season with a knee injury and yesterday’s game was his first one back since then.
Taking his place in the lineup will be rookie Brandon Saad. He was a scratch in yesterday’s game but his skill set is a bit different than Carcillo’s. Saad is a big kid (6’2″ 206) but he has some scoring touch as well and impressed coaches in his brief stay with the team last season. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com makes note, it’s a big opportunity for the youngster to make a splash.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20