Jan 20, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll miss a month of action with a knee injury. It’s a tough break for Carcillo as he missed most of last season with a knee injury and yesterday’s game was his first one back since then.
Taking his place in the lineup will be rookie Brandon Saad. He was a scratch in yesterday’s game but his skill set is a bit different than Carcillo’s. Saad is a big kid (6’2″ 206) but he has some scoring touch as well and impressed coaches in his brief stay with the team last season. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com makes note, it’s a big opportunity for the youngster to make a splash.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5