Jan 20, 2013, 3:37 PM EDT
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll miss a month of action with a knee injury. It’s a tough break for Carcillo as he missed most of last season with a knee injury and yesterday’s game was his first one back since then.
Taking his place in the lineup will be rookie Brandon Saad. He was a scratch in yesterday’s game but his skill set is a bit different than Carcillo’s. Saad is a big kid (6’2″ 206) but he has some scoring touch as well and impressed coaches in his brief stay with the team last season. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com makes note, it’s a big opportunity for the youngster to make a splash.
- With training camps looming, a look at some key unsigned RFAs 8
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 14
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 40
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 28
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 15
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31