Jan 20, 2013, 3:37 PM EST
Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune reports he’ll miss a month of action with a knee injury. It’s a tough break for Carcillo as he missed most of last season with a knee injury and yesterday’s game was his first one back since then.
Taking his place in the lineup will be rookie Brandon Saad. He was a scratch in yesterday’s game but his skill set is a bit different than Carcillo’s. Saad is a big kid (6’2″ 206) but he has some scoring touch as well and impressed coaches in his brief stay with the team last season. As Tracey Myers of CSNChicago.com makes note, it’s a big opportunity for the youngster to make a splash.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 8
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54