Jan 19, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Patrick Kane scored the final goal of the 2009-10 season to end the Chicago Blackhawks’ Stanley Cup drought. Now he’s also found the net for the first tally of the 2013 campaign.
Kane’s goal came at the 3:41 mark of the first period during a 5-on-3 power play against the Los Angeles Kings. Check out that nifty little one-timer in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Power-play goals kicked off all three of Saturday’s afternoon openers. Tyler Kennedy deflected a shot to score for the Pittsburgh Penguins against the Philadelphia Flyers while Dustin Byfuglien fired a slapper home to open up scoring for the Winnipeg Jets against the Ottawa Senators.
The Blackhawks enter the first intermission against the Kings up 3-0, silencing the celebratory crowd. You can check out that game (or the Penguins-Flyers clash depending upon your region) on NBC right now.
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 0
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 0
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 19
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 28
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 3
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 45