Jan 19, 2013, 4:20 PM EDT
Patrick Kane scored the final goal of the 2009-10 season to end the Chicago Blackhawks’ Stanley Cup drought. Now he’s also found the net for the first tally of the 2013 campaign.
Kane’s goal came at the 3:41 mark of the first period during a 5-on-3 power play against the Los Angeles Kings. Check out that nifty little one-timer in the video below:This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
Power-play goals kicked off all three of Saturday’s afternoon openers. Tyler Kennedy deflected a shot to score for the Pittsburgh Penguins against the Philadelphia Flyers while Dustin Byfuglien fired a slapper home to open up scoring for the Winnipeg Jets against the Ottawa Senators.
The Blackhawks enter the first intermission against the Kings up 3-0, silencing the celebratory crowd. You can check out that game (or the Penguins-Flyers clash depending upon your region) on NBC right now.
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 0
- Report: Witness subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 24
- Lightning’s Vasilevskiy out 2-3 months after getting blood clot removed 6
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 24
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)