Jan 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EDT
The Russian superstar scored more goals (38) than he did in 2010-11 (32), but his 65 points were far and away the least he’s put up in an NHL season. He also received fewer than 20 minutes per game for the first time in his career.*
Can Ovechkin bounce back as the work stoppage has been lifted and he has a new coach in Adam Oates? Mike Milbury and Keith Jones ponder that question in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* – Actually, he’s never received less than 21:22 minutes of ice time per contest in his career, aside from in 2012-13.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 4
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 18
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 44
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 46
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38