Jan 19, 2013, 10:00 AM EST
The Russian superstar scored more goals (38) than he did in 2010-11 (32), but his 65 points were far and away the least he’s put up in an NHL season. He also received fewer than 20 minutes per game for the first time in his career.*
Can Ovechkin bounce back as the work stoppage has been lifted and he has a new coach in Adam Oates? Mike Milbury and Keith Jones ponder that question in the video below.This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
* – Actually, he’s never received less than 21:22 minutes of ice time per contest in his career, aside from in 2012-13.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 13
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 2
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 77
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2