Jan 19, 2013, 1:49 PM EDT
We’ve seen groin pulls and other assorted ailments through training camp, but leave it to Detroit’s Todd Bertuzzi to take the cake.
Ansar Khan of MLive.com reports the rugged forward is out of action with a case of mono. For the record, Bertuzzi is 37 years-old and not a fresh-out-of-college kid. Red Wings coach Mike Babcock says Bertuzzi will miss a “chunk of time” with the sickness. At least he’s being descriptive, right?
With Bertuzzi out and Patrick Eaves not quite ready to play the Wings will roll with Jan Mursak at forward tonight against St. Louis. The Wings fight for the playoffs this season was already set to be tough and being without Bertuzzi for a long stretch will only make it that much harder.
- Selanne offers harsh critic of Boudreau’s handling of him 0
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 5
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 9
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 19
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)