Jan 19, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning are breaking out some new hardware at Tampa Bay Times Forum in the form of a scoreboard roughly the size of the ice surface.
Just look at the size of this monstrous piece of technology courtesy of Washington Capitals radio play-by-play man (and occasional NBCSN guy) John Walton.
My goodness, it’s glorious. And if it’s not the biggest in the league, I’d like to see which team is going above and beyond the call of duty there. Somewhere Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is either jealous of how it looks or ticked off that another team took his idea.
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 0
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 0
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 29
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)