Jan 19, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning are breaking out some new hardware at Tampa Bay Times Forum in the form of a scoreboard roughly the size of the ice surface.
Just look at the size of this monstrous piece of technology courtesy of Washington Capitals radio play-by-play man (and occasional NBCSN guy) John Walton.
My goodness, it’s glorious. And if it’s not the biggest in the league, I’d like to see which team is going above and beyond the call of duty there. Somewhere Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is either jealous of how it looks or ticked off that another team took his idea.
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 6
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 15
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 38
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 16
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 38
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)