Jan 19, 2013, 12:06 PM EDT
The Tampa Bay Lightning are breaking out some new hardware at Tampa Bay Times Forum in the form of a scoreboard roughly the size of the ice surface.
Just look at the size of this monstrous piece of technology courtesy of Washington Capitals radio play-by-play man (and occasional NBCSN guy) John Walton.
My goodness, it’s glorious. And if it’s not the biggest in the league, I’d like to see which team is going above and beyond the call of duty there. Somewhere Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones is either jealous of how it looks or ticked off that another team took his idea.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 2
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)