Jan 19, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally had the chance to fully celebrate the first Stanley Cup victory in franchise history on Saturday.
The ceremony included a touching moment as the Greene family was on hand alongside franchise legends Rogie Vachon and Marcel Dionne to help unveil the team’s 2011-12 championship banner. Their daughter Ana Márquez-Greene was one of the victims of the Sandy Hook, CT shooting.
Here’s a shot of the banner, via the Kings:
The team also shared two shots of their fancy new rings, which were also shared on Saturday. (You can read more about them here.)
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7