Jan 19, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally had the chance to fully celebrate the first Stanley Cup victory in franchise history on Saturday.
The ceremony included a touching moment as the Greene family was on hand alongside franchise legends Rogie Vachon and Marcel Dionne to help unveil the team’s 2011-12 championship banner. Their daughter Ana Márquez-Greene was one of the victims of the Sandy Hook, CT shooting.
Here’s a shot of the banner, via the Kings:
The team also shared two shots of their fancy new rings, which were also shared on Saturday. (You can read more about them here.)
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 5
- In praise of John Tavares 13
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 20
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 18
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 55
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36