Jan 19, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally had the chance to fully celebrate the first Stanley Cup victory in franchise history on Saturday.
The ceremony included a touching moment as the Greene family was on hand alongside franchise legends Rogie Vachon and Marcel Dionne to help unveil the team’s 2011-12 championship banner. Their daughter Ana Márquez-Greene was one of the victims of the Sandy Hook, CT shooting.
Here’s a shot of the banner, via the Kings:
The team also shared two shots of their fancy new rings, which were also shared on Saturday. (You can read more about them here.)
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 15
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 14
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5