Jan 19, 2013, 4:00 PM EDT
The Los Angeles Kings finally had the chance to fully celebrate the first Stanley Cup victory in franchise history on Saturday.
The ceremony included a touching moment as the Greene family was on hand alongside franchise legends Rogie Vachon and Marcel Dionne to help unveil the team’s 2011-12 championship banner. Their daughter Ana Márquez-Greene was one of the victims of the Sandy Hook, CT shooting.
Here’s a shot of the banner, via the Kings:
The team also shared two shots of their fancy new rings, which were also shared on Saturday. (You can read more about them here.)
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39