Jan 19, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
TSN Radio’s Jonas Siegel hears from the coach who tries to not spill the beans as to who he’s starting.
“We’ll go with the goaltender who’s going to give us the best chance for success on that given night,” said Carlyle.
According to how training camp has progressed in Toronto, that means Scrivens, the Cornell graduate, gets the nod. Last season, Scrivens played in 12 games going 4-5-2 and giving up just over three goals per game with a .903 save percentage. Reimer spent last season dealing with an injury that derailed the success he showed the year before.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)