Jan 19, 2013, 10:45 AM EDT
You may not remember forward Steve Begin, but the 12-year NHL veteran is back in the league and he’s earned a spot where it all started for him in 1997.
Begin won a spot with the Calgary Flames out of training camp earning himself a one-year, two-way contract. As you might expect, he was really excited to be back in the league.
“I was drafted by the Flames,” he said. “I played a few years here. It’s a great feeling to put on this jersey.
“When I have something in my mind, I want to make sure I reach my goal and today I did. It’s fun and I’m very, very excited.”
The last time Begin suited up was in 2010 with the Nashville Predators when he played two games for them. If he manages to play in 12 games this year, that’ll give him 500 in his career. For a guy that’s been a career third or fourth line player, that’s a pretty good accomplishment.
May 20, 2013, 3:12 PM EDT
But can the Rangers control the Bruins’ big forwards?
May 20, 2013, 3:05 PM EDT
Just to quash that rumor entirely.
May 20, 2013, 2:41 PM EDT
“Don’t stick your hands where you shouldn’t.”
May 20, 2013, 2:39 PM EDT
The commissioner visited the New York Stock Exchange last week.
May 20, 2013, 2:18 PM EDT
Wanna watch 18-year-olds work out? Wait, that came out wrong.
May 20, 2013, 2:03 PM EDT
Click for the odds on all the finalists.
May 20, 2013, 1:55 PM EDT
He was the club’s second-round pick from 2011.
May 20, 2013, 1:36 PM EDT
Thumbs up for Doug Wilson.
May 20, 2013, 12:55 PM EDT
He’s off to Torpedo Nizhni Novgorod.
May 20, 2013, 12:40 PM EDT
He was a healthy scratch for Games 1 and 2.
May 20, 2013, 12:27 PM EDT
Young d-men Torey Krug, Dougie Hamilton and Matt Bartkowski have impressed.
May 20, 2013, 12:12 PM EDT
That’s Darnell Nurse, a highly-touted prospect for the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
May 20, 2013, 11:56 AM EDT
But don’t worry, Sens fans — he’s fine.
May 20, 2013, 11:43 AM EDT
San Jose’s Logan Couture played the hero on Saturday night.
May 20, 2013, 11:02 AM EDT
Which is exactly what the goalie was following Game 3.
May 20, 2013, 10:32 AM EDT
All three captains are still competing in the playoffs.
May 20, 2013, 10:29 AM EDT
And Blue Jackets GM Jarmo Kekalainen was apparently on board.
May 20, 2013, 9:54 AM EDT
Washington is moving into a very tough division.
May 20, 2013, 9:01 AM EDT
He had no points and seven fights.
May 20, 2013, 8:03 AM EDT
Game 3 will start at 7:30 p.m. ET.
- Brown, Toews, Alfredsson up for Messier Leadership Award 4
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 9
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 8
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 3
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 36
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 15
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 25
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 45
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- Play Video: Finalists for Mark Messier Leadership Award
- Play Video: Bruins turn weakness into strength
- Play Video: Highlights: Senators win double overtime thriller
- Play Video: Craig Adams lays out Spezza in OT
- Play Video: Vokoun makes a big time save on Neil
- Play Video: Cooke catches Karlsson in face with stick