Jan 19, 2013, 10:45 AM EST
You may not remember forward Steve Begin, but the 12-year NHL veteran is back in the league and he’s earned a spot where it all started for him in 1997.
Begin won a spot with the Calgary Flames out of training camp earning himself a one-year, two-way contract. As you might expect, he was really excited to be back in the league.
“I was drafted by the Flames,” he said. “I played a few years here. It’s a great feeling to put on this jersey.
“When I have something in my mind, I want to make sure I reach my goal and today I did. It’s fun and I’m very, very excited.”
The last time Begin suited up was in 2010 with the Nashville Predators when he played two games for them. If he manages to play in 12 games this year, that’ll give him 500 in his career. For a guy that’s been a career third or fourth line player, that’s a pretty good accomplishment.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 141
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 116
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 14
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 87
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (180)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (141)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (127)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (116)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)