Jan 19, 2013, 11:41 PM EST
40-year-old Jagr made his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday and led the team to a 4-3 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes.
Jagr netted his 666th career goal — and the first of the game — at 18:36 of the first period. You can watch him reach that milestone below:
That was just the start of what proved to be a great contest for him. He added another goal in the second period and also registered two assists for Dallas. In the process he gave Stars fans a reason to forget about the ongoing contract drama with Jamie Benn — at least for one night.
With 667 goals, Jagr is now just one away from Luc Robitaille and ninth place on the NHL’s career goals list.
At the same time, Selanne entered the season with 663 career goals and will likely chase Jagr to see which one of them will end up with more goals by the time they hang up their skates.
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 2
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 7
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 77
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 42
- NHL grants Kings cap relief for Voynov, who’s still suspended indefinitely 31
- Trade: Stars get Demers from Sharks, send Dillon to San Jose 18
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now 77
- Dallas signs Jason Spezza to four-year, $30 million extension 18
- Video: Ovechkin with an unreal dangle, scores game-winner 17
- Video: Avs’ Tanguay takes Ovechkin shot to the face (Updated) 4
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (80)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (77)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)