Jan 19, 2013, 11:41 PM EST
40-year-old Jagr made his Dallas Stars debut on Saturday and led the team to a 4-3 victory over the Phoenix Coyotes.
Jagr netted his 666th career goal — and the first of the game — at 18:36 of the first period. You can watch him reach that milestone below:
That was just the start of what proved to be a great contest for him. He added another goal in the second period and also registered two assists for Dallas. In the process he gave Stars fans a reason to forget about the ongoing contract drama with Jamie Benn — at least for one night.
With 667 goals, Jagr is now just one away from Luc Robitaille and ninth place on the NHL’s career goals list.
At the same time, Selanne entered the season with 663 career goals and will likely chase Jagr to see which one of them will end up with more goals by the time they hang up their skates.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 50
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 69
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (140)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)