Jan 19, 2013, 12:45 PM EST
It’s starting to look like Scott Gomez’s next home will be on the West Coast.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Gomez is in San Jose meeting with Sharks brass about possibly signing there. As Pierre LeBrun notes, Gomez’s connection to former Devils coach Larry Robinson, currently an assistant in San Jose, would help make him feel more at home there.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun says the Sharks are willing to sign him to a one-year, $700,000 deal. He believes Gomez wants out of the spotlight of the East Coast and going to San Jose would do just that.
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports a meeting with the Anaheim Ducks may also happen. It’s safe to say these are weird times that we’re in because there just might be a bidding war on a guy who’s scored just 21 total goals the last three seasons.
- Stomach flu makes Lightning’s Johnson a surprise scratch 0
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 7
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 8
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 13
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 6
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 33
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2