Jan 19, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
It’s starting to look like Scott Gomez’s next home will be on the West Coast.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Gomez is in San Jose meeting with Sharks brass about possibly signing there. As Pierre LeBrun notes, Gomez’s connection to former Devils coach Larry Robinson, currently an assistant in San Jose, would help make him feel more at home there.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun says the Sharks are willing to sign him to a one-year, $700,000 deal. He believes Gomez wants out of the spotlight of the East Coast and going to San Jose would do just that.
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports a meeting with the Anaheim Ducks may also happen. It’s safe to say these are weird times that we’re in because there just might be a bidding war on a guy who’s scored just 21 total goals the last three seasons.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)