Jan 19, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
It’s starting to look like Scott Gomez’s next home will be on the West Coast.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Gomez is in San Jose meeting with Sharks brass about possibly signing there. As Pierre LeBrun notes, Gomez’s connection to former Devils coach Larry Robinson, currently an assistant in San Jose, would help make him feel more at home there.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun says the Sharks are willing to sign him to a one-year, $700,000 deal. He believes Gomez wants out of the spotlight of the East Coast and going to San Jose would do just that.
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports a meeting with the Anaheim Ducks may also happen. It’s safe to say these are weird times that we’re in because there just might be a bidding war on a guy who’s scored just 21 total goals the last three seasons.
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 0
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 6
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 35
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 11
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 39
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)