Jan 19, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
It’s starting to look like Scott Gomez’s next home will be on the West Coast.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Gomez is in San Jose meeting with Sharks brass about possibly signing there. As Pierre LeBrun notes, Gomez’s connection to former Devils coach Larry Robinson, currently an assistant in San Jose, would help make him feel more at home there.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun says the Sharks are willing to sign him to a one-year, $700,000 deal. He believes Gomez wants out of the spotlight of the East Coast and going to San Jose would do just that.
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports a meeting with the Anaheim Ducks may also happen. It’s safe to say these are weird times that we’re in because there just might be a bidding war on a guy who’s scored just 21 total goals the last three seasons.
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 22
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 5
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 17