Jan 19, 2013, 12:45 PM EDT
It’s starting to look like Scott Gomez’s next home will be on the West Coast.
TSN’s Bob McKenzie reports Gomez is in San Jose meeting with Sharks brass about possibly signing there. As Pierre LeBrun notes, Gomez’s connection to former Devils coach Larry Robinson, currently an assistant in San Jose, would help make him feel more at home there.
Bruce Garrioch of the Ottawa Sun says the Sharks are willing to sign him to a one-year, $700,000 deal. He believes Gomez wants out of the spotlight of the East Coast and going to San Jose would do just that.
Meanwhile, Sportsnet’s Nick Kypreos reports a meeting with the Anaheim Ducks may also happen. It’s safe to say these are weird times that we’re in because there just might be a bidding war on a guy who’s scored just 21 total goals the last three seasons.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 12
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 25
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)